What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
There were a couple flops in the first season, but I really enjoyed most of them. The yogurt one narrated by the guy that did the voice of 'The Brain' from Animaniacs gave me a few chuckles.
heh. I didn't know they released more since the original release. I was under the impression that vol 2 was going to be the add on. I'll have to check them out.

anyone here every watch the 2 seasons of the show Powers, that came out in 2015?

Lysrin

I have tried a few time to watch this series and I just cant get into it at least not yet. the same thing happened when Dexter came out I couldn't get into it until the around the 5th or 6th season it clicked so I watched from he first season binged watched it an got caught up .
May be the same thing will happen.
I found that for about half the first season iirc. I almost didn't keep watching. But then I was very glad I did.

Lysrin

Watched The Biggest Little Farm on Netflix. Interesting documentary on one couple's journey into sustainable or traditional farming in California. It had languished in my watch list for a long time after a friend recommended it to me. Glad I finally watched it.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Watched Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix over the weekend and it was.... meh. Had a couple neat ideas, but ended with the obvious pseudo-cliff hanger. Overall it didn't really do much with the superhero genre that was new or fresh. I may watch S2 if it ever gets produced, but I can honestly say I don't care if it does either way (whereas I really wanted to see S2 of Altered Carbon or Castlevania, Daredevil after their first seasons)

Lysrin

Watched Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix over the weekend and it was.... meh. Had a couple neat ideas, but ended with the obvious pseudo-cliff hanger. Overall it didn't really do much with the superhero genre that was new or fresh. I may watch S2 if it ever gets produced, but I can honestly say I don't care if it does either way (whereas I really wanted to see S2 of Altered Carbon or Castlevania, Daredevil after their first seasons)
Hmm... interesting to hear. I added that my watch list but hadn't watched any yet. Perhaps I'll lower it's priority based on this review ;)

FreeKnight

Hmm... interesting to hear. I added that my watch list but hadn't watched any yet. Perhaps I'll lower it's priority based on this review ;)
It's not outright bad per se. Though the daughter storyline is pretty weak IMO, it's just wholly unremarkable. If you've got nothing else to watch, give it a try, but if time's a precious commodity there's definitely better shows/games to spend your time on.

Like an upcoming Mass Effect remaster 😂

Shadowmeph

watched the first ep it very predicable and well not very good at all the same old same old to me it feels like the mixed in a few different shows and rushed to write it throw it together to make a quick buck I might watch the second ep but I think it will be a waste of my time to hope that it gets better I mean I actually dozed off after the first 10 minutes I woke up went back to that time thinking I might have missed something but nope nothing hehe but yes I want to see the other shows listed second seasons

Lysrin

Started Shadow and Bone on Netflix. Only watched one episode so far and I haven't read the book(s ?), but the first episode was good and the sets and visuals looked great.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
how many of you are still watching The Blacklist?

I kept on keeping on when it was at it's rough patch, but I've been enjoying season 8 and it's been renewed for a season 9. I hope they bring it to the conclusion they intended and not a rushed ending if it doesn't get renewed for season 10. it's getting long in tooth and more soap opera like with all the damned dramatic pauses. :p