What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

High end build - thunderbolt 4?

clshades

This might not be possible, yet. Thunderbolt 4 being the hard part, if it's even available. If the TB-4 is an expansion card that's fine too, the mobo must support it though.

Requirements:
- 2 m.2 NVME drives (1 needs to be 1 TB min)
- 2 large (maybe 12gb) internal hard drives
- no CD necessary
- gazillion USB (including multiple Thunderbolt 4)
- easy access tower (smallest footprint possible with all the above)

crazyea

I remember watching a video on LTT about thunderbolt and AMD. it seems he had quite a few issues and went back to intel.

clshades

I pinged @GamerNexus to see if they'll have a look at the board. There's literally nothing other than unboxing reviews.
Maybe hardwarecanucks can have a look?
@Gav

crazyea

It can be challenging building computers for people who want bleeding edge. There's not a lot of info/reviews out there for new stuff.

IIRC it was the pc his wife uses on the regular so it had to be stable. I tried looking up the video for you, but he has way too many for me to sift through.

clshades

IIRC it was the pc his wife uses on the regular so it had to be stable. I tried looking up the video for you, but he has way too many for me to sift through.
Thanks man. I had a look too. Like I said, there's nothing. Pretty sure he was using TB3 and there was some issues.

crazyea

EDIT: My bad. His issue was with ASUS not with AMD. But maybe still applies. IDK. Good luck.

May not apply to you, I just thought I'd let you know.

Here's the video.

Last edited:

Entz

Yeah it would be nice to see some reviews/testing on it. The silicon in TB4 should be identical to that of TB3 , its merely a spec change (all optional parts are now mandatory) but maybe they fixed some gremlins.

clshades

Yeah it would be nice to see some reviews/testing on it. The silicon in TB4 should be identical to that of TB3 , its merely a spec change (all optional parts are now mandatory) but maybe they fixed some gremlins.
This computer will never sleep, so hopefully it isn't an issue.

Latest posts