What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gallery Multi GPU Retro Fun!

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
You know I cannot remember who the Member was on here back then, but he was building crazy Tri SLi Water Cooled systems back then.....gave me the incentive to swap over from Air to Water....
Also, I had so much crap on the Mobo you couldnt even see the Board !!!! I finally dithed that big Air Cooler on the CPU to an AIO, then really started looking hard at Water Cooling !!!!

Hmm, I cant find him on search for some reason. It was "Kruzn" I believe you're talking about . He was always doing the wildest builds.

I bought a lot of gear off him back in 2009-2012 while living in Whitby. He lived in Ajax. I think @chrisk introduced me, he might have more info.

Edit: Found him. The @ function @kruzn4evr isnt linking to him for some reason, must be a forum bug.

Second Edit: Of course, after hitting submit, it works :rolleyes:

rjbarker

Hmm, I cant find him on search for some reason. It was "Kruzn" I believe you're talking about . He was always doing the wildest builds.

I bought a lot of gear off him back in 2009-2012 while living in Whitby. He lived in Ajax. I think @chrisk introduced me, he might have more info.

Edit: Found him. The @ function @kruzn4evr isnt linking to him for some reason, must be a forum bug.

Second Edit: Of course, after hitting submit, it works :rolleyes:

Yes Sagath I believe Kruzn was the guy.....I clicked on his profile and his name was same as mine "Bob"......I recall he built a Tri SLi water cooled system.....I cannot remember what GPU's he used....may have been 580's as well.....
I do recall his power supply though (it blew me away)....Silverstone Strider 1500w or possibly 1600w.....

Mitch....I gotta ask?

ipaine

Here is mine from the 580 days:

P1060489.JPG

I'm trying to remember what cpu was in that, I think it was the 2700K. I do know that had one of my first SSD's in it and that is 32GB of Dominator Platinum 1866MHz I believe. Hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago as that pic is from Oct 2012.

I'm positive I have pics of an earlier SLI rig too.

rjbarker

Just dusted this one off....
View attachment 31707

🤭😇

Here is mine from the 580 days:

View attachment 31710

I'm trying to remember what cpu was in that, I think it was the 2700K. I do know that had one of my first SSD's in it and that is 32GB of Dominator Platinum 1866MHz I believe. Hard to believe that was almost 10 years ago as that pic is from Oct 2012.

I'm positive I have pics of an earlier SLI rig too.

Nice.....I think many of our builds over the years have been similar.....hell Im still using a bunch of those Corsair Fans on my Radiators :) The only reason I went to the AX1200 was for the 3rd GPU....not sure whether I actually needed it or not !!!!

I'll see if I can find more pics ;)

btw....did you get in queue for 3080Ti ? I did but wayyyy behind at 0858 PDST....

A few more going back....
Anyone recognize the 480 SLi system (the heat pipes coming off the "toaster" ?? 650Ti SLi....680 Classified ......780 Ti SLi on air.......these were the first Cards I went all in and committed to 100% liquid cooled.....I guess I have no pics of my even older GTX 280....n 8800GTX SLi rigs....wow back then I made a lot of purchases from Direct Canada ;)

FTFobYD.jpg

Qzv3cfR.jpg

RtLih7k.jpg

UZD8Ksx.jpg

MYAiBDW.jpg

PESx7PO.jpg

wsrcDqZ.jpg

GTX 480's next pic

eoEKrRU.jpg

EKZvwdx.jpg

Last edited:

ipaine

Nice.....I think many of our builds over the years have been similar.....hell Im still using a bunch of those Corsair Fans on my Radiators :) The only reason I went to the AX1200 was for the 3rd GPU....not sure whether I actually needed it or not !!!!

I'll see if I can find more pics ;)

btw....did you get in queue for 3080Ti ? I did but wayyyy behind at 0858 PDST....
First I am sad that I can't find pics of my 8800GT SLI setup. I found the pics with the first card and putting the akimbo cooler on it, but nothing with both cards in it. :cry:

As for 3080Ti, yes I got in. In queue for the FTW3 and the FTW Hybrid. 7:45 for the FTW and 7:48 for the Hybrid. About 7 minutes behind for the Hybrid and 5 minutes for the FTW.

Izerous

Folding Team
I wish i still had photos of all the work i did to the 8800GTS system.... LOTS of dremel work, ametur sheet metal, plexi etc. It was all poor quality work but it was the first time doing all of it so even if it wasn't perfect it was my starting point. Even had a liquid cooled psu back then so literally radiators everywhere. Hacked the top open to remove the integrated tripple 80mm setup and, swapped it for 3x120mm even had TK-123 fans on it at one point but the noise was unbearable.

hitek

First I am sad that I can't find pics of my 8800GT SLI setup. I found the pics with the first card and putting the akimbo cooler on it, but nothing with both cards in it. :cry:

As for 3080Ti, yes I got in. In queue for the FTW3 and the FTW Hybrid. 7:45 for the FTW and 7:48 for the Hybrid. About 7 minutes behind for the Hybrid and 5 minutes for the FTW.
Here is my X58/X5650 and 8800gt SLI setup in my Antec 900!
That is a pair of Coolink GFXChilla coolers I bought from NCIX back in the day for $20 or so!

They took my load temps down to below previous idle temps with the stock single slot blowers. QI8zhQV[1].jpg(y)