What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

danmitch1

I just might try this

Bartacus

Oh I can do that now, and I'll be compiling from source as you normally would. Just starting with a codebase that's tuned a bit more than usual. Their video guide is excellent if you're a Marlin noob too, and since their videos were instrumental when I got started with this stuff, I'm going to use their firmware. After running the JyersUI firmware on the Ender 3 V2, I like the idea of using code that others have already tested, with the mods I'm about to install. :)

Izerous

Folding Team
So got the hotend taken apart and put back together printed off the washers so i can do the hotend mod that was discussed but didn't acutally do it yet. But now i'm having adhesion issues again when i tried to print something bigger. PLA lifting right off the PEI. Probably messed something up taking it apart and putting it all back together again. Even had issues trying to print a raft.

EDIT: I actually have 2 PEI sheets and I found a lot of people talking about taking a 1500grit sandpaper to it to help with PLA even further. I'll re-probe the whole bed and if that doesn't work i'll see if i have any wet sandpaper left in my stash. I also have a magnetic sheet on order as I'm finding my glass clips no longer work and I hate the idea of binder clips. The magnetic sheet should add just enough that i can use the glass clips and the magnetic sheet at the same time.

Last edited:

danmitch1

Bartacus

They're coming out with all kinds of stuff. It's almost like they're actually looking at all the mods people buy, and are trying to supply better parts to match. Like they actually listen to their customer base *GASP*. They also have a new CR Touch too , like a beefier BLtouch with a metal pin.

danmitch1

I saw that, I guess you are signed up for the newsletter too ;) . That hotend though, I guess the patents on these things are not that strong.

Bartacus

Well they only *look* similar. Once you look at the specs, it becomes apparent they aren't trying to compete with the Mosquito. They're missing about 200C. 🙃 But hey at $55, it might be a decent choice for people with stock ends looking to go all metal. Might be a direct competitor to Micro Swiss.

danmitch1

True enough ! Odd that they picture it with the old cooling fan assembly and shroud.

Latest posts