What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

lowfat

Staff member
Installed the BIQU replacement heated bed on the Prusa. As far as I can tell it is nearly exactly the same as the original except it not saying 'Original Prusa MK3' on it. Feel like it was worth the $65 in savings versus the OEM replacement.

9dbrC84.jpg

a9HJG5v.jpg

Time to start printing parts to get this thing as close to stock as possible. At least enough that I can install stock FW to make it easier to sell.

danmitch1

Cool, I know nothing of CNC, but a guy on a YouTube channel I'm subscribed to mentioned something about a similar small one, not sure if it was the same brand. He said it was a great machine to learn on.
Yeah, it seems to pop up on a few sites as one of the better desktop cnc's that can actually cut metal. Should arrive today and im off work to get my second dose of the vaccine :)
Installed the BIQU replacement heated bed on the Prusa. As far as I can tell it is nearly exactly the same as the original except it not saying 'Original Prusa MK3' on it. Feel like it was worth the $65 in savings versus the OEM replacement.

9dbrC84.jpg

a9HJG5v.jpg

Time to start printing parts to get this thing as close to stock as possible. At least enough that I can install stock FW to make it easier to sell.
How much will you sell it for?

lowfat

Staff member
Yeah, it seems to pop up on a few sites as one of the better desktop cnc's that can actually cut metal. Should arrive today and im off work to get my second dose of the vaccine :)

How much will you sell it for?
Thinking around $600. But it will be local only. Shipping it really just isn't possible w/o fancy packaging.

Bartacus

Good luck with that, I hear it puts you down for a day or 2. So prepare to be sick, and not doing much CNCing, LOL!

danmitch1

Good luck with that, I hear it puts you down for a day or 2. So prepare to be sick, and not doing much CNCing, LOL!
Lol, i hear. Luckily its quiet at work plus my company pays you 3 covid days . Nothings gonna stop me from playing with my new toy!!

Izerous

Folding Team
Last couple prints after having re-assembled the hotend have failed. I think i accidently put the knockoff tubing in place and i think it deformed while doing a larger ironing process because right after the ironing twice in a row is when it failed. Second time I had to force the filament out.

I printed the hotend hack washers first but I was hoping to not have to take it all back apart so soon. I'm expecting the tubing to look really bad inside. THe filament basically looked swollen but not just for a really short distance as if there was a leak between the tube and the nozzle but over like a 2in length. I'm hoping the hotend fix + going back to the capricorn tubing instead of the knockoff will address that.

lowfat

Staff member
Ironing is garbage Imo. I've never had it work properly. Either it looks terrible it it strips the filament and the print fails.

lowfat

Staff member
Got the TMC5160 drivers today....Except I'm an idiot who didn't read the BTT specs for the stepstick. They are using 40V mosfets so I can't use 48V w/ them. :(

Waterott sells a 50V version. But ships from Germany, about $80 shipped for a pair. And it ships DHL so I know I'd get hit w/ brokerage fees.

danmitch1

Over all this machine seems great. The wire management terrible, didnt come with enough wire sleeve (plus all videos show braided and not this cheap looking spiral crap) I couldnt get the offline controller to work as its shown in videos so Im stuck using pc for now.
The hold downs provided seem to have incorrect screws..

Anyhoo

IMG_20210727_092008179.jpg
IMG_20210727_143242718.jpgIMG_20210727_143247627.jpgIMG_20210727_143253782.jpgIMG_20210727_143318940.jpgIMG_20210727_171437831.jpg

I have alot of learning ahead of me !

Bartacus

So I mutilated my printer some more. In any decently run universe, I would not be allowed to use tools.

Step 1, use Dremel to make cuts way too big for a USB extender to the new board, while simultaneously bathing myself and my living room carpet in sparks:
q0cD59dl.jpg

Step 2, install newly purchased SD extender, since the SD slot on my new board will not be exposed via the stock slit in the metal:
A8aypz7l.jpg

Most importantly, my pin set and new crimpers have arrived, so I can fix my broken z-axis plug and get on with my life!!
XpVjdy6l.jpg

Latest posts