What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what do you do to relax muscle knots and spasms?

djbrad

Did not know such a thing existed. Very interesting! Do you still use it everyday?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Helps you relax when sitting and supports the back so you're not constantly shifting away from pinching pain. I would have died without it I'm sure. I was hunch backed for 3 weeks. PTSD just thinking about it.

You'll wanna make man babies with me after using this thing. Hey, I don't judge bud.
no judgements. if it works, it ain't stupid!

also, where did you get yours?

clshades

no judgements. if it works, it ain't stupid!

also, where did you get yours?
A friend who used to run a medial supply store gave me one. I'd just try and order one online if your local medical supply store doesn't have them. They may however, be able to get one for you. When I used it, I'd packed my computer chair up from my basement stairs and twist lifted it past some stuff in the road. Fucked my back up bad.

Izerous

Folding Team
Sometimes it is the weird things that can fix a problem. For a while I was getting pain in my writs and I was concerned it was going to lead towards a form of carpel tunnel or something similar. Ended up getting a powerball from NCIX because I thought it might help with the pain and using it a couple times a day when it first showed up slowly turned to once a day then once a couple days and started using it less and less frequently now i pull it out a couple times a year at most and it still helps if I ever feel that pain coming back.

When I started Kendo I stopped using it completely. I have not been in a while now and i have pulled it out once i think in the past 6 months.

Marzipan

Sometimes it is the weird things that can fix a problem. For a while I was getting pain in my writs and I was concerned it was going to lead towards a form of carpel tunnel or something similar. Ended up getting a powerball from NCIX because I thought it might help with the pain and using it a couple times a day when it first showed up slowly turned to once a day then once a couple days and started using it less and less frequently now i pull it out a couple times a year at most and it still helps if I ever feel that pain coming back.

When I started Kendo I stopped using it completely. I have not been in a while now and i have pulled it out once i think in the past 6 months.
Kendo looks cool. do you just do it for fun or have you really submerged yourself into the mindset / lifestyle it's associated with?

Shadowmeph

A transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) unit is a battery-operated device that some people use to treat pain. My wife bought one a while ago. They are used in quite a number of physio-therapy outlets around the Comox valley too. Lots of info on line about them. For some people, they are quite therapeutic.
I bought one last more maybe two months ago I still haven't tried it out yet

Izerous

Folding Team
Kendo looks cool. do you just do it for fun or have you really submerged yourself into the mindset / lifestyle it's associated with?
There are aspects like that that were not just good for physical health but mental health as well. I did not go into it to be hard-core but with increasing cholesterol levels and stress levels that were driving me crazy beating someone in the head with a wooden stick was amazing.

Marzipan

There are aspects like that that were not just good for physical health but mental health as well. I did not go into it to be hard-core but with increasing cholesterol levels and stress levels that were driving me crazy beating someone in the head with a wooden stick was amazing.
I know about the psychology of an activity. my bro n I used to call going to the range, 'recoil therapy'. :D

shooting is DAMN fun!!!

alas...I have not gone to the range in 4 years. curse life circumstances!

Latest posts