What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

Ya the cameras are up, so we will see really just hoping it's my neighbor's BF who's doing it out of habit and flicking lite ones over but, it's kinda bullshit since he does not flick them into her front yard. it's our shared front yard. to be honest, hoping she moves at some point so Simcoe housing can sell the house since they want her to move so they can. she pretty good so far she is the best neighbor besides this that just started happening, methinks hes pissed cause we found out he's a roofer and we didn't hire him to do our roof.

shingles showed up today and wow the bill for the shingles was 2g and this company is doing the roof for 3700 which I think is amazing.

Dude you don't want your neighbour doing your roof anyway. If it leaked or anything, then it's a nightmare waiting happen.

gingerbee

Ya I came to that realization pretty damn fast myself, that's the last thing you want since these neighbors are pretty damn childish when it comes to grown-up things she and her BF have been fine with us just some of the things I have heard her say makes me go, umm ok what are you 12.

I am super happy I went with the company we found they did a great job. also my mother-in-law asked for his card or the card of the company he works for and she gave her the run around so what I think is happening is he has worked for a roofing company in the past so now he's a roofer ( hell I can do plumbing it doesn't make me a plumber lol )

Shadowmeph

a few rants
one is stupid car fobs twice now sitting in my car at work and my doors lock probably because my fob is in my pants pocket but I am not sure last night I move my leg and my doors locked I went to get out of my car and the alarm went off so I turned off the alarm move my fob into my vest. went into the building locked it up came back to my car and my doors were all locked which I didnt do. last week my doors locked and my keys were in my pants pocket but I didnt think of that I switch fobs both fobs have new batteries in them . for me cars and fobs are not cool same goes for the stupid push button start.
tghe second one is for some really stupid reason any web browser I use the copy paste is being funky ( hard to explain) also if I sometimes scroll up or down hae the text on the screen will stay with the otehr half will scroll . I do have a USB to Hdmi adapter for one of my monitors I am not sur eif this is an issue because it happens on both screens meaning the one monitor that uses the adapter plus the HDMI normal monitor does the same thing . sometimes when I am typing its like the letters dont show up or if I highlight something I cannot unhighlight it almost like a huge lag and I have to restart my laptop this just started a few days back it is really irritating

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
a few rants
one is stupid car fobs twice now sitting in my car at work and my doors lock probably because my fob is in my pants pocket but I am not sure last night I move my leg and my doors locked I went to get out of my car and the alarm went off so I turned off the alarm move my fob into my vest. went into the building locked it up came back to my car and my doors were all locked which I didnt do. last week my doors locked and my keys were in my pants pocket but I didnt think of that I switch fobs both fobs have new batteries in them . for me cars and fobs are not cool same goes for the stupid push button start.
tghe second one is for some really stupid reason any web browser I use the copy paste is being funky ( hard to explain) also if I sometimes scroll up or down hae the text on the screen will stay with the otehr half will scroll . I do have a USB to Hdmi adapter for one of my monitors I am not sur eif this is an issue because it happens on both screens meaning the one monitor that uses the adapter plus the HDMI normal monitor does the same thing . sometimes when I am typing its like the letters dont show up or if I highlight something I cannot unhighlight it almost like a huge lag and I have to restart my laptop this just started a few days back it is really irritating
GREMLINS!!! or angry midgets and leprechauns?

Wicked15

Not a fan of key FOB's either.
My wife has her FOB and key on the same chain and when she gets in and out of the vehicle the doors will automatically lock after she gets out - when I drive her car I only use a key(don't like extra keys banging around the dash) and when I get out the doors do not automatically lock after getting out of the car.
Push buttons are annoying because if your FOB battery is starting to die in the FOB you can't start your car, even though it let you unlock the door to get in lol.

crazyea

I know on my car I can set the auto lock delay or disable it within the dash menu. If you guys are locking yourself out maybe check that. My wife's fob uses cr2032, just keep a couple around in case the fob dies. I agree about the push start, when I drive my wife's vehicle it always feels weird keeping the keys in my pocket, but I do like the doors unlocking just by grabbing the handle. The car will stall if you walk too far away while idling too which is kind of annoying.

Shadowmeph

the one other thing I dont like about push button and fobs and for that matter electric windows is that I have to push the button once just to open or close my car window ( I prefer manual) . or if I want to listen to the radio same thing but if I want to turn of the asc I have to push the button twice which the Cars PC goes through its little quick read thing with a key I just turn it to asc and off . also I really dont like Automatics trans, sometimes this trans valve body is a little sticky it wont shift out of third I think this Trans is electric because if I pull over turn the car off then on it unsticks the valve body and it will shift normal again it doesn't do it often but when it does it is irritating .

crazyea

You can turn on accessories without starting the car if you don't step on the pedal when press the start button. At least that's how it is in my wife's car.

crazyea

My downstairs dog got loose recently and bit my son on his ass. Left a good bruise. You can see all of the teeth imprinted. But no skin was broken.

I told my landlord. He said he has no control over the dog. Idiot.

I filed a report with the city bylaw department. They talked to the owners but did not visit the dog. Have a warning only. nothing else.

Now this dog is crazy. It barks at the window smashing on it while standing on its hind legs whenever anyone walks by. It pulls the owner across the yard towards pedestrians. It always has its hackles up and tries to get over the fence when I walk to the driveway.

AND THEY WONT EVEN VISIT TO ASSES THE DAMN DOG.

10 years ago my Rottweiler who was very well trained by me and heavily socialized jumped up on someone leaving a small scratch. We had site visits, assessments and everything. My dog passed without issue.

But no, a German Shepard actually bites someone and is very aggressive and out of control and they just take the owners word for it and the landlord says it’s out of his control.

I’m bloody livid.