What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
wow really Google, I have a few Gmail accounts I used them for none personal things but this is the second time i have received a request to prove that I am, over 18yrs old and thehy ask for creciit card or picture ID
"
For a more age-appropriate experience, Google has changed some of your settings because you aren’t confirmed to be over 18.
If you’re 18 or older you can verify your age when you check your settings."
"

Choose how to verify your age​

AOh14Gi11edDp0Mh-FysJI3U-U9CKHBuooFvqvgBnvs=s20-c

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&@gmail.com

Use a credit card to verify immediately
You won’t be charged. Any transaction fee will be fully refunded.
Use your ID
Submit an image of a valid ID like your driver’s license or passport. It may take up to 3 days to verify your ID.

What sites are you trying to use google to authenticate for that need proof of 18+???? :whistle:

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... ;)

That is a weird one though, and I would have jumped all over it looking like a phishing scheme as well. Is this something you can access directly from your account as opposed to using any of the links in the email?

lowfat

Staff member
Personal phone has been pestering me to migrate Samsung cloud to OneDrive. I don't even use Samsung cloud so i did it. And man to I regret it. I use camera roll upload for both my phones. And I use this all the time to send/upload pics on my desktop. But now both phones upload to different folders on PC. And there is no way to change it back to 'Camera Roll'. It is now permanently 'Samsung Gallery/DCIM/Camera'. While my work phone is just 'Camera Roll'. The dumb thing is they are both Samsung phones running the same OS version. :mad:

This is why I like rooting my phones. Sigh.

Shadowmeph

Heh.... ;)

That is a weird one though, and I would have jumped all over it looking like a phishing scheme as well. Is this something you can access directly from your account as opposed to using any of the links in the email?
I am not sure that t is fishing I have found other posts on this
hxxxx://support.google.com/accounts/thread/16320589/my-gmail-account-has-been-disabled-it-was-asking-for-age-verification-with-credit-card?hl=en

Edit I think I know whats going on it is probably showing Googe land youtube I am in Denmark or some other country where there are restriction on age because of the VPn in my Opera web browser

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

sswilson

Staff member
Yes, but is there going to be any event that triggers the obligatory ST battle music? Are any of the crew going to wear red?

Latest posts