What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
finally bit the bullet ordered the air flow rework station. and a few other goodies. now i just need some proper ventilation as im going to jerryrig somethin with fans lol

lowfat

Staff member
finally bit the bullet ordered the air flow rework station. and a few other goodies. now i just need some proper ventilation as im going to jerryrig somethin with fans lol
I have a couple. First one like the one you posted about in other thread. Don't strain the cable. They are the weak point in both my units. First one wire for fan broke, which causes the heater to melt as it can't move the heat. The 2nd one is failing too. The strain relief is terrible. You can buy replacement wands from Aliexpress for $30-$40 IIRC. I did buy one for the first machine but haven't replaced it yet.

It is one of my most used tools. But never for soldering. But as the best precision heat gun ever.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah where ill have it the strain wont be a issue as the ups is like less then 1ft away. i even bought some bricks when everything gets here it'll ill post a update to the workshop.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
also...last night I ordered a JJRC L6082 quadcopter kit...comes with a hovercraft frame and a flying wing frame that the quadcopter can clip into. two of the motors can tilt so two are providing lift while two are providing propulsion. I also ordered the KFPLAN KF606 rc plane. it was half the usual price...got it for $21...well, more cause I added extra batteries, but yeh. some indoor flyers to have fun with during our horrible cold and rainy months.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Boatload of Equipment for setting up Solder shop. Next I'll get the tools to start sleeving fan cables as those in my rig are spaghetti.

sswilson

Staff member
A couple of used Ubiquiti APs. I figure one at each end of my Rancher style house should give me good coverage even if they're in the basement. I also got a deal I couldn't refuse on a Ubiquiti Security Gateway (USG) and Cloud Key which (I believe?) helps in setting up a local config. Probably (well... not "probably" it's more like definitely :) ) going to be in well over my head, but hopefully I can find some decent online resources to help me get it set up.

All this started because my current Ruckus/Xclaim AP finally went fully EOL and lost cloud access to settings. It still works, but I have zero ability to go in and change any settings.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
First affiliated Purchase from HWC Video.

$549 after shipping taxes now my shop will be complete.

Attachments

• 1633882867648.png
    1633882867648.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 16

sswilson

Staff member
Picked up all of our Halloween Candy on Saturday. Didn't want to wait until the last minute and face empty shelves like we did last Easter.

Latest posts