What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D printing pics

sswilson

Staff member
Cool, do you use cura's post process for that?

Nope... I just paused it in Octoprint.

My first attempt involved moving the head off of the print to swap the filament (I wanted to be able to clear the nozzle) but it didn't register the movements correctly on the way back so it was off when I unpaused. On the next attempt I just made sure I paused the print while it was over an infill area so that any filament creep would be over that instead of making a mess of a wall.

While it was paused I pulled the filament back about an inch or two, used a wrench to undo the fitting on the extruder and cut the existing filament at the edge of the fitting. At that point I used a piece of filament to push the existing colour filament into the bowden tube until I felt a slight resistance (indicating that it was in the hot end) and fed the new colour filament through the extruder and into the tube. I then re-attached the fitting and advanced the new filament until I felt some resistance, and "unpaused" the print through octoprint.

In hindsight, I probably could have just removed the initial filament all together and then just inserted the new filament until I felt resistance.

sswilson

Staff member
Thanks to the generosity of others with greater modelling skills than I'll ever have, we get easily printed accent parts for our cases.... :)

4X PCI covers.jpg

PCI covers installed.jpg

I mentioned it in another thread, but it always struck me as weird that the white 220T case shipped with black PCI covers. Looking for replacement covers for my young lad's coolermaster case (has breakaway covers with no stand-alone ones) got me thinking about this again and I ended up with these in Grey to match the other case accents.

Currently printing off a grey replacement for that GPU brace... the copper went well with the gold coloured 5700 XT Evoke, but not so much with the new 6800 XT.

sswilson

Staff member
clear and solid side by side.jpg

white diffuser on light.jpg

strap on stand-alone.jpg

Strap On installed.jpg

The stock "diffuser" on my new set of lights (First pic R/H) might as well be clear.

Made up 2 different replacements... a direct replacement that secures via the magnetic latch, and a strap-on that uses velcro cable ties.

lowfat

Staff member
Dell G15 specific laptop stand. Using carbon fibre tubes to keep it light + strong. Had a cheap one from Amazon but wasn't a fan. Its lowest height was too high and it caused the laptop to tilt back. Temps are 2 degrees cooler when the PSU isn't installed on the stand. But then with the PSU in place temps go up about 3C.

0RlAvA3.jpg

85Ypgdc.jpg

5JEGHRg.jpg

VlbKGJs.jpg

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Dell G15 specific laptop stand. Using carbon fibre tubes to keep it light + strong. Had a cheap one from Amazon but wasn't a fan. Its lowest height was too high and it caused the laptop to tilt back. Temps are 2 degrees cooler when the PSU isn't installed on the stand. But then with the PSU in place temps go up about 3C.

0RlAvA3.jpg

85Ypgdc.jpg

5JEGHRg.jpg

VlbKGJs.jpg

This is the stand I'm using......

I've also noticed that this dell platform seems to be a bit "top" heavy and had to start placing the front edge of the laptop a bit forward of the front "feet" (the proper word escapes me at the moment... :) ) rather than nestled nicely into the groove.

lowfat

Staff member

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

lcdguy

Folding Team
Recently i built a new nas to replace a synology that finally died, and but ran into an issue with "securely" mounting the boot ssd's into a hot swap bay from startech. (one of those 4x3.5" drives in 3x5.25" bay deals). I designed up a quick and dirty "bracket" to bolt to the short side of the ssd to make it wider so it's supported on both sides and seems to have worked ok in my case.

If anyone is interested the model file is published on printables.

SSD Adapter - Printables

ssdbracket1 - Copy.pngssdbracket2 - Copy.png