What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

lowfat

Staff member
Go to install an custom addon for Home Assistant. Won't install. Says I need Home Assistant version 2021.12.0, which doesn't exist yet. Can't even install an older version of the addon as every single version says it needs 2021.12. So it is impossible to install the addon.
s6YZuaK.png

Check out the github, others have same issue. Dev says 'Then don't install it until released.' And closes the issue.

lowfat

Staff member
NoI spend nearly the last 12 hours trying to convert my home automation back from my paid cloud subscription to local control + DDNS. Was an extremely frustrating day. But I think everything works... And it works so much better. Better than ever. Even fixed some of the long term issues I had.

If you want me to pay $5USD/month for a service. It absolutely should be better than not having it. I don't mind paying to help contribute to a project that I love. But damn the cloud service was just terrible. If I tell Alexa to turn my lights on, I want them on within a second or two. Not 'living room isn't communication right now' 50% of the time.

crazyea

I still buy from them, but only if it's free shipping and a good price. If I eliminate the shit that is Canada Computers and Newegg, then I'm not left with many other options. lol

lowfat

Staff member
Working on installing radiators in Fractal torrent. Fighting w/ it for about an hour to shoehorn in the 2x180mm + 3x140mm. Finally get them in. Just to realize the ports on the 3x120mm are blocked by a fan on the 2x180mm. If you read my post in my thread I first tried a 2x140mm but the fan would hit my SSD. Fine I guess I can ditch my ol' Samsung 950 boot drive and just use the 2 2TB SX8200 Pros.

BUT I just did a fresh install of Windows recently and had it tweaked absolutely perfect. Tons of registry tweaks to get it just right. I'll try cloning it. Desktop is down and can't really use it as I have no GPU available and it has a CPU block w/ no loop.

Have an Orico USB-C NVMe enclosure that I've never used. Hook up to Dell laptop. Toss in first NVMe drive, says partition is invalid. Second and the Samsung 950 Pro all do the same. Open up laptop and toss first ADATA NVMe drive in the free slot. Works. Do a backup on it so I can wipe it. All good.

Have Samsung 950 Pro in USB-C enclosure and the ADATA in laptop. Hook up IODD (virtual optical drive) and mount clonezilla ISO. Go to boot to it. Dell laptop will not boot to anything except the stock NVMe SSD or ethernet. Tried disable secure boot any anything else I could find that would prevent it. Bios doesn't allow the selection of any other boot device.

OK, last shot I'll try using the USB-C enclosure + the IODD on my old desktop which is a miner. Locks up booting to IODD. Only system I've ever seen that it won't work on.... :(

OK, for real this is the last try. Download clonezilla and throw it on a USB drive. Boot to it....Won't see the damn boot drive in the USB-C enclosure.

:mad:

EDIT: I do believe I actually killed the Samsung 950 Pro. I removed the heatsink earlier so I could fit it in the USB-C enclosure. Went to wipe the drive and it shows up as 0GB.

Last edited:

Latest posts