What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5600, 5500, 4500 Reviews

moocow

TL;DR, don't buy 5600X, buy 5600. Don't bother with 5500 and 4500, they are a waste of sand. Also don't buy 5800X.

4500 is so bad that an i3-12100 runs faster in most case with less thread counts.

clshades

I bought the 5800x as apart of a bundle. It made no sense, at the time, to pay the same money for less stuff and a slightly better cpu. It took way longer to sell the bundle, but it did eventually sell.

moocow

I noticed the R5-5600 is already sold out on ME and still got 5+ with CC. Really tempted to buy it and sell my R5-1600AF. Then again Zen4 is here in 6 months.

Bond007

Thanks for posting. I had been following all these and their reviews, but didn’t post anything. Your summary is good…5600 and 5700X are only marginally slower than the 5600X and 5800X (respectively), so they are definitely the the better bang for buck (at least with msrp). The lower end cpu don’t really make sense…slower and lower spec than intel competition for around the same price. And without igpu you can’t even justify them for budget boxes.

...Then again Zen4 is here in 6 months.
But that will require a new motherboard, and maybe ram.

Last edited:

moocow

No, GN said X370 mobo are supported but I caution to check against the mobo support page first.

I think it may be the case of once you upgraded to the latest AGESA you won't be able to go back to the earlier generation CPU, again do research first before throwing money at new CPU.

Bond007

No, GN said X370 mobo are supported but I caution to check against the mobo support page first.

I think it may be the case of once you upgraded to the latest AGESA you won't be able to go back to the earlier generation CPU, again do research first before throwing money at new CPU.
Sorry, I should have snipped my quote...I will edit the post so it makes more sense. I meant it would be a RAM/MOB upgrade if you wait for zen4. Swapping to the 5600 should be a massive improvement and a great bang for buck drop in. I will be curious to know if there are any limitations or performance drops with the older chipsets.