What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Does no one fold anymore?

MARSTG

When I get home will probably pull out a gtx 750 with my evga folding bucks and maybe will do some day to day folding.

geokilla

I haven't folded in a while... I only run it for like 2 hours a day now so it wasn't worth it. Projects barely complete in time.

MARSTG

I got home just this week guys. Ankle healed very well, but I have seen it on X-ray, and... well, I look like ROBOCOP in there. It looks almost like this, just that in my case the 2 long screws are also horizontal, not at an angle. Unfortunately, my neuropathy (nerve inflammation), has been joined by a myositis (muscle inflammation) and the most affected muscles are the hyperflexors at the hip, so I cannot even stand anymore, forget walking. So I am in a wheelchair now. As for the folding will probably return to it, if i get my hands on a gtx 970 or better.

Attachments

• xray.jpg
    xray.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 97

akira749

I got home just this week guys. Ankle healed very well, but I have seen it on X-ray, and... well, I look like ROBOCOP in there. It looks almost like this, just that in my case the 2 long screws are also horizontal, not at an angle. Unfortunately, my neuropathy (nerve inflammation), has been joined by a myositis (muscle inflammation) and the most affected muscles are the hyperflexors at the hip, so I cannot even stand anymore, forget walking. So I am in a wheelchair now. As for the folding will probably return to it, if i get my hands on a gtx 970 or better.

Damn! I hope you recover soon!

lowfat

Staff member
I hadn't folded all summer. I got use to how lag-free all my GPU-accelerated apps were. It started to get pretty cold @ nights here lately. So last night I started folding w/ the GTX980. After this WU finishes I am going to stop. I can't believe this hasn't been resolved yet. It would be nice if other GPU accelerated apps could have higher priority or at least allow us to set how much f@h taxes the GPU.

MARSTG

I am looking for a guide to fold under Linux, I kinda forgot anything. Thinking of getting a Precision T5810, fantastic value for what it is. Saw some very nicely priced in Edmonton on eBay. Electricity cost is not a concern for me.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I hadn't folded all summer. I got use to how lag-free all my GPU-accelerated apps were. It started to get pretty cold @ nights here lately. So last night I started folding w/ the GTX980. After this WU finishes I am going to stop. I can't believe this hasn't been resolved yet. It would be nice if other GPU accelerated apps could have higher priority or at least allow us to set how much f@h taxes the GPU.
i thought there was a slider for this soon as get a chance ill setup the ole Titan X Black to get to F@H i swear i saw the slider to use 100% of CPU/GPU

MARSTG

@Shadowarez that slider impacts more the CPU than the GPU. For GPU, what you want is in Nvidia Control Panel to set the GPU manually to "Prefer maximum performance" in the Manage 3D settings - Power management mode.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
with the Titan iv seen a option in the control panel for gpu - compute would that help for these types of apps?

Latest posts