What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

crazyea

I have bought 2 full sized racks now. One from auction for $40 and another from a data center for I think $75. I have also seen Ikea rack conversions and "network" racks for something smaller.
I just need something small for my closet. My wife will kill me If I went and bought a full rack.

sswilson

Staff member
I was looking at the ubiquit rack but after watching some videos, but it's only good for their gear. Do you have any recommendations for something small?

I just need something small for my closet. My wife will kill me If I went and bought a full rack.

I've never needed one so I don't have any specific recommendations but prime cables sells smaller racks, several of which claim to be wall mountable...

JD

Staff member
I've never needed one so I don't have any specific recommendations but prime cables sells smaller racks, several of which claim to be wall mountable...

I'm going to assume it's all the same OEM, mine was Startech, but looks identical to Prime Cables/Monoprice/etc. Go with whatever can be found cheapest IMO. We are only using them in our homes, not like you are racking/unracking things daily :)

Izerous

Folding Team
New coffee maker... have had a Cuisinart DCC-1200C for over 13 years that has served us very diligently. However the last few weeks the auto start has been acting up really bad. You could set it to auto on for the morning walk back into the kitchen 10 minutes later and it would be shut off. And it wasn't kids doing it, they were already all in bed. When it wouldn't do that it would sometimes stop half way through in the morning it just became really unreliable to any kind of automation. Seems kinda like a silly reason to replace it but was kinda messing up my mornings. It will continue to live in the office where we have only had a keurig machine for a while and where the automation doesn't matter.

Costco has the DCC-T20C for $99 online only which was half the price of local retailers figured I'd give it a shot. already don't care for the touch screen just feels so laggy and unresponsive in comparison to the other's controls. Everything is a press and hold instead of a tap.

Izerous

Folding Team
My wife caught me peeking at a full size rack last week; didn't go well.

Dedicated network rack might go over better for your situtation @crazyea .
And might be less friction for you Herne if thats all your going to use yours for too.

crazyea

I have been researching and dreaming of a rack since it was brought up. lol. I just dont know what I want to do. I dont want something too low to the ground, but I also dont want it too tall. Maybe 4Ft high at the most. I also want it to be strong enough the I can put my plex server, which is in a meshify 2 xl, on its it's side on the top of the rack. My Dream machine, some flex mini switches, and the u6-LR AP should be here on Friday. I' also going to grab a 3 plack of flex 3 cameras from memory express. The only issue I have with the setup is that it doesnt have 10gb for my server and pc. I guess I could get a sfp+ adapter module for the server. What a rabbit hole I have begun to fall into. And part of me wishes I went pfsense with a cloud key. Oh well.

great_big_abyss

Latest posts