What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

sswilson

Staff member
Why not just use the stock mounting brackets?

Because of where I'm mounting it I believe I'll get better use of the radiation map/pattern if I have it tilted slightly upwards towards the next floor. I had used heat to bend a piece of plexi I was going to mount it to, but saw this and decided to give it a try.

edit: Still going after a couple of hours, but if it's going to fail I suspect it'll be after 50% height.

sswilson

Staff member
It survived.... but it's gonna be a hell of a lot of work to clean up (support makes it look like it's encased in a cocoon :) ).

ap mount arm (support).jpg

edit: It actually wasn't all that bad to clean up. I don't have the threaded nut done yet, but the threads look pretty clean, and the locking teeth for the AP plate seem to mate well.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
It survived.... but it's gonna be a hell of a lot of work to clean up (support makes it look like it's encased in a cocoon :) ).

View attachment 35138

edit: It actually wasn't all that bad to clean up. I don't have the threaded nut done yet, but the threads look pretty clean, and the locking teeth for the AP plate seem to mate well.

Are you working for Bad Dragon now?

sswilson

Staff member
AP Mount All Printed.jpg

AP Mount Installed.jpg

Worked like a charm, and gives me the kind of adjustments you'd have on a satellite dish to allow for precise positioning. I'm going to stick with an AP at both ends of my basement, but positioning with this made me wonder if I couldn't just stick with this single AP as it's better directed to service the whole house. (I'm printing off the last part of another set to mount the other AP to).

sswilson

Staff member
Got some .6 nozzles in and am printing my first .6 print (mount for a ruckus PoE).

The difference in slice times between the .4 and the .6 was 30 minutes off of a 2 hr print for a .2 layer height.

sswilson

Staff member

$400 for an Ender 7? (Sale price, limited quantities)

Up to 250 print speeds?

At the very least would need a bltouch kit at around $50

lcdguy

Folding Team
i would be extremely suspicious of any creality printer hitting 250mm/s reliably. Calling shenanigans on this one :)

(not that i would ever buy another creality printer mind you, i'm perfectly happy with my slightly modified mk3s :) ).

I also remember there was a video where some youtuber took the front top bar out with an angle grinder since it was apparently just for show. :)
Though building a voron switchwire has interested me, the only part i am not thrilled about is their insistent on using ABS/ASA/ABS+ parts (mostly since i don't have a safe way to print abs currently).

Cptn Vortex

I just picked up a Anycubic Vyper over the weekend. Never tried CAD or design or anything so I'm totally a n00b, but I did the TinkerCAD tutorials and it's actually pretty darn simple. So far I'm impressed with how simple/good the prints have been! 1st job is a Under-desk mount for a Thinkstation Tiny 230w AC adapter. Little hooks on the side are for hanging spare/loose cables.

1668028719799.png

Printed in Draft quality. (note the AC adapter is not the one I'm planning this for, just a place holder for photos. I'm sick atm and the adapters are at the office, so went based on dimensions online)

Selected photo

Selected photo

Latest posts