What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Star Citizen

Soultribunal

Staff member
I get where you're coming from. The early access model will continue to be controversial I'd say. It just doesn't sit right with everyone.

However, I'll still keep posting updates, because SC is a game I enjoy and especially for things like free fly events, so at least people know when they can have a look without investing anything. IAE is a time when the free fly has access to almost all of the available ships so it is a good time to check the game out if people have time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your support for it and posting updates. That is perfectly acceptable by me, and I've never faulted you for that.
I've even seen you get frustrated by the Devs and Company in this thread, which shows you to be objective.

I do however, like to poke fun at the game from time to time. Just because it's almost a running joke in the Industry, worse now I think, than HL3.

-ST

Lysrin

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your support for it and posting updates. That is perfectly acceptable by me, and I've never faulted you for that.
I've even seen you get frustrated by the Devs and Company in this thread, which shows you to be objective.

I do however, like to poke fun at the game from time to time. Just because it's almost a running joke in the Industry, worse now I think, than HL3.

-ST
Worse than HL3?! Oh that is bad :)

Yup, poke away. I was trying to be funny with my "behave yourself" comment but I think that fell flat.

It's been a long road, and will be yet longer I'd say, and that is frustrating by times. I can certainly admit that. But each time I do play these days, mostly just to check out new content or game loops there is more progress, and it is still a game I really want to get to the 1.0 release someday.

I don't play as much these days because I need the game to have little more persistence given my limited free time to play games. They have lots of persistence in the game now with money earned, physical objects in locations, mission, mining, cargo status, etc. But you still can't log out and back in where you were every time. It works some of the time but not always (rarely for me for some reason). Given how big the game is, I don't have the time to do the whole wake up in bed, go to the space station, get my ship, power it up, and travel to where I was last to continue. I seem to be a nearly lone voice in wanting that functionality to be consistent and available. Seems like an obvious quality-of-life thing but other players aren't concerned, at least in my conversations. But anyhoo... that isn't there yet. So I certainly have gripes.

FreeKnight

The year is 2042. Corporations have grown even more powerful. Politicians bend and scrape to the companies that are now their official sponsors. The dying husk of meta birthed a new, even more intrusive data harvesting service in shady back-channel agreements with ISPs, search engines and email providers.
Unions have been abolished in America. Canada is bursting at the seams from a refugee and housing crisis. Miami is underwater. Russia has slunk into a series of warring states.

And Star Citizen announces its 0.92.212 beta release.....

Lysrin

The year is 2042. Corporations have grown even more powerful. Politicians bend and scrape to the companies that are now their official sponsors. The dying husk of meta birthed a new, even more intrusive data harvesting service in shady back-channel agreements with ISPs, search engines and email providers.
Unions have been abolished in America. Canada is bursting at the seams from a refugee and housing crisis. Miami is underwater. Russia has slunk into a series of warring states.

And Star Citizen announces its 0.92.212 beta release.....
That is probably just about right! :p And we'll still be wondering if life time insurance on ships in game matters any more :ROFLMAO:

Very nicely written btw

Lysrin

One thing I know for sure, whenever I post anything in this thread it gets a chat going to keep me occupied during the slow parts of the work day ;)

Soultribunal

Staff member
One thing I know for sure, whenever I post anything in this thread it gets a chat going to keep me occupied during the slow parts of the work day ;)

We are moths to the flame that is SC. Well....not really flame...more like dumpster fire of founder money.

Still fun though!

-ST

FreeKnight

I encourage you to keep posting when there's updates @Lysrin, I have dozens more jokes to make about SC's release dates :p

(I'm kidding as I don't actually care if it officially ever gets a '1.0 release' or not. There hits a point where it doesn't really matter with some games, such as Minecraft. It was a playable fleshed out game well before it was officially the retail release)

Latest posts