What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

crazyea

I don't think so but I'll check. I swear that I am the cause of sale prices though!

Refurb page has a "final sale" icon. I would say, nope. Ah well.
If you didnt receive the package, I would assume you can decline delivery.

crazyea

I could, but I don't like to do stuff like that. I'll take the refurbs and bitch about the timing of the sale.
Understandable, and I'm not suggesting devious behavior, but a lot of the time this is recommended by the companies who sell to us as an alternative to cancelling a transaction, especially ones that limit cancelltion to 30 minutes.

Dwayne

Understandable, and I'm not suggesting devious behavior, but a lot of the time this is recommended by the companies who sell to us as an alternative to cancelling a transaction, especially ones that limit cancelltion to 30 minutes.

I don't think it is devious at all, it is an accepted form of return. And if I had bought it through Amazon I would just initiate a return because they never just credit the difference on a sale price on their own site vice a purchase before the sale. I'll stand by my purchase proudly, and wish I just waited until today, I guess! Stoopid sales.

sswilson

Staff member

crazyea

Panasonic KX-TG175 cordless phone set. Normally $150 at Costco, $25 off for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

We've been using an earlier version of this set for 12 - 13 years and it's still working fine but one of the handsets now has an intermittent display so we've been waiting for these to go on sale to replace them.
Showing OOS for me. I've been using Panasonic phones for years, but one thing I hate is that the charging base and/or batteries have died on three different sets now. I have resorted to using an external charger now.

Lysrin

Panasonic KX-TG175 cordless phone set. Normally $150 at Costco, $25 off for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

We've been using an earlier version of this set for 12 - 13 years and it's still working fine but one of the handsets now has an intermittent display so we've been waiting for these to go on sale to replace them.
Gasp... you still have a landline?! Whatever that means these days lol We cancelled ours a while ago. Only people who used it were my Mom (relatively easily switched to calling my cell) and telemarketers / scammers!

sswilson

Staff member
Showing OOS for me. I've been using Panasonic phones for years, but one thing I hate is that the charging base and/or batteries have died on three different sets now. I have resorted to using an external charger now.
The sale is in store. You'd have to check for local stock.

One of the things that recommends these phones over others is that they use standard sized Ni-MH AAA batteries so at the worst you can replace them fairly easily.

We had no issues with battery over the 12+ years, but our phones stay in the chargers unless they're in use so maybe that helped?

Managed the swap without any issues except for voice mail. The built-in answering machine is working fine, but I'm guessing there's some codes I need to set in the menu in order to get it working with Rogers' VM system.

I'll also have to check to see if there's a way to pair one of the old phones with the new base unit. The system can support up to 6 phones and only ships with 5.

edit: Pairing the extra phone was easy enough. There's a registration option in the initial setup menu, and a button on the base station to pair (just like pairing bluetooth).

Gasp... you still have a landline?! Whatever that means these days lol We cancelled ours a while ago. Only people who used it were my Mom (relatively easily switched to calling my cell) and telemarketers / scammers!

Yeah, we do still have a landline. We're retired, spend most time at home, and while I tend to keep mine with me, my better half only has her cell with her when she's out and about.

It's still the primary telephone number we give out.

Last edited:

Latest posts