What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

5800x3D 'overclocking' results.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Thank you I'll def set command line to set values on boot it has made a huge difference in my 5800x3D rig.

sswilson

Staff member
Am I misunderstanding what setting you're looking for? If you're talking about the individual core CO offsets there's now a setting in the ASUS bios (B550 anyways) that allows you to enter them in.

lowfat

Staff member
Am I misunderstanding what setting you're looking for? If you're talking about the individual core CO offsets there's now a setting in the ASUS bios (B550 anyways) that allows you to enter them in.
This was just added to some Asus boards the last bios update.

sswilson

Staff member
Oh?

Have you tried offsets with it? Stability?

I just plugged in the -30 that ryzen master recommended per core and it's been stable over CB, 3DMark, and PCMark. Bumped me from 9650 to somewhere around 10450 multicore CB R23 on my R5 5600.

edit: Going to run prime 95 overnight.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm not going to bother updating TBH. I have PBO2 Tuner setup to automatically apply when I power on / wake. But I assume it will be exactly the same.
Me too. Just seemed like one less thing to do.

Maybe if I have to reinstall windows I'll do it via bios.

I just plugged in the -30 that ryzen master recommended per core and it's been stable over CB, 3DMark, and PCMark. Bumped me from 9650 to somewhere around 10450 multicore CB R23 on my R5 5600.

edit: Going to run prime 95 overnight.

I'd say 'please update', but I know you and you would anyways ;)

sswilson

Staff member
Overnight prime went fine (14 hrs) with -30 across the board.

Found the option to increase boost freq and currently trying a cinebench but I'm not convinced it's going to have any effect on multicore performance. HW Monitor does show it boosting to 4551 (vice the previous 4450) across all cores, but I suspect that's very transitory and doubt it's an effective boost clock under load.

sswilson

Staff member
Cinebench.png Freq.png

cbmc.png

Well.... that was easy enough, almost boring. :)

Bumping up from 100 to 200 over stock boost clock made a small difference on multicore boost clocks (went up from 4124 to about 4150 across all cores) but the single core did seem to work fine @ the full 4650 boost clocks.

I'm going to throw prime 95 on it now and if it survives that I'll call it good enough. -30 curve + 200 to the boost clocks sounds reasonable, and max temps are still hovering around 70c on the core(s).

Last edited: