What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Falcon NorthwestMach V

cdn_Madrach

I just read in Maximum PC their new MachV has a Quad core clocked at 3.73:shok: and the machine really kicked butt.:punk: Although it ran stable in most of benches it had a hard time with running 4 instances of prime 95 without rebooting. I like Maximum PC but I would have hard time giving a prebuilt system a 9 outta 10 if it has these issues.....not so much as this particular issue cause it ran the gaming benches without a hitch but mostly the fact that it sells for $9,900 usd:shok: For that price it had better be flawless lol.

Wankerfx

Wow that sucks. For $10,000 you could buy the same system with a nice phase unit tuned for quads to give it decent temperatures, thus more stability.

What was cooling this beast at 3.7ghz?

sswilson

Staff member
For $10K you basically paying for a name and a paint job.

And the out of the box OC on a high end chip.

The folks who buy $10K machines have neither the inclination, nor the skills to OC a machine..... they're the same folks who buy $250K upgrades to $250K Beemers without even seeing the car (Back in the early `90s I met a former Porsche mechanic up in Barrie Ont. who did that for the lawyers in TO).

The benefit in going to Falcon or a similar retailer is that they have a relationship with the manufacturers which allows them to cherry pick things like the best steppings for OC.

BALISTX

And the out of the box OC on a high end chip.

The folks who buy $10K machines have neither the inclination, nor the skills to OC a machine..... they're the same folks who buy $250K upgrades to $250K Beemers without even seeing the car (Back in the early `90s I met a former Porsche mechanic up in Barrie Ont. who did that for the lawyers in TO).

The benefit in going to Falcon or a similar retailer is that they have a relationship with the manufacturers which allows them to cherry pick things like the best steppings for OC.

That is true you are paying for them to do the work for you. But is the extra work really worth the extra $5K

sswilson

Staff member
It most definately wouldn't be worth it to me, but when folks pay real money for "game gold" anything is possible.

Latest posts