What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Starfield

Lysrin

Release date trailer. Game launching on 6 Sep 2023.

At 2:03, interesting shot of a someone playing on an ultrawide monitor... at a 16:9 res it looks like with black bars on the sides. Hopefully that isn't the way it works by launch for the ultrawide fans! Certainly an odd shot to include in the video.

I would normally assume in this day and age that ultrawide resolutions would be supported in a big game launch, but that isn't always the case (I'm looking at you Elden Ring...)

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Ooof, another delay. Not a shock, but doesn't help the endless 'bethesda delay' jokes. Hopefully a lot of that time goes into QA and testing.

ipaine

Well it certainly is later in the year than I had hoped but I am still looking forward to it.

As for that shot on the ultrawide, I can only hope that it maybe just wasn't implemented or turned on at that point. But then again it did take them a bit before Fallout 76 natively supported UW, and I'm not sure if any of their other titles do it natively at all. Mods and tweaks work, but not native.

Lysrin

Ooof, another delay. Not a shock, but doesn't help the endless 'bethesda delay' jokes. Hopefully a lot of that time goes into QA and testing.
Oh that is a delay? I didn't think we had an actual date yet, just 2023. I must have missed that along the way.

EDIT: looking back over our thread here we did think first half of 2023 originally.

ipaine

Well I can honestly say I am very eager to play this. But come on this and Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty in the same month? Why do they do this to me?

I can see this being GOTY easily as long as it is not completely bug ridden. I really think I could invest a unhealthy amount of hours into it.

And if anyone is wondering about the collectors edition aka the Constellation Edition, it is showing a price of.....

$371cdn/$299usd

That said I haven't wanted a collectors edition in quite some time, but I do kind of want this.

Last edited:

Arinoth

Staff member
That would be a nice improvement/change by them if they do that. At this point it's just laziness if they don't support multi-threading.

Latest posts