What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Last of Us Part I

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Nexus mods has the file here, will save you downloading 33 GB of Warframe. https://www.nexusmods.com/thelastofuspart1/mods/11

I'm waiting for my install, will test stock and replacement Oodle file and report back.

Edit: Shader generation was taking about 2 minutes each percent with the stock dll, and about 1:15 with the updated one. I started the game even though it warned me about letting the shaders finish, and crashed to desktop as I got into the kitchen (about 3 minutes of gameplay). I'm letting the shaders finish before I try again.

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
So I've played for roughly an hour, up to the point where Joel meets Ellie. No glitches or crashes after I let the shaders generate. Playing on a AMD 5600x, GTX 3080 and 32GB ram at 3440 x 1440 resolution with the game installed on a NVMe drive. I saw one loading stutter. Playing my old Deus Ex style, stealth where possible. :)

ipaine

So I've played for roughly an hour, up to the point where Joel meets Ellie. No glitches or crashes after I let the shaders generate. Playing on a AMD 5600x, GTX 3080 and 32GB ram at 3440 x 1440 resolution with the game installed on a NVMe drive. I saw one loading stutter. Playing my old Deus Ex style, stealth where possible. :)
Good to hear that it is working for you. A friend of mine got annoyed and gave up trying, he said he was getting constant crashes even after letting the shaders generate. Which he said took forever, not exactly an exact time but long enough to know it was too long. His system is the 5800x and 3070ti with I think 32gb ram, might be 64 though and yup installed on a nvme. Plenty good enough so that it shouldn't be taking ages to do anything.

I do still want it, but will be content to wait until at least a few patches/fixes happen and ideally a sale too.

Lysrin

If it is an issue with a dll compatibility then at least they should be able to fix that and eventually people should not have to downgrade things themselves... I know, several shoulds in that statement.

JD

Staff member
Couldn't you get PS Plus Premium (used to be PS Now?) for 3 months ($59.99) and play the whole TLoU series?

Seems like a less buggy way if it's the only game you're looking to play. Being single player, latency wouldn't matter either.

JD

Staff member
All about finding the most logical way to play things!

Like I subscribed to 1 month of Ubisoft Plus to play Far Cry when it came out. Cheaper than buying the game as I knew I'd finish it in a month and never care to play it again as they're all pretty repetitive anyhow, but I like em.

A Blockbluster-like rental service would be good, but it would have to be very cheap. A lot of games I find I wouldn't play again, some I don't even put many hours into at all. Steam's return policy kinda works I suppose, but best not to abuse that.

great_big_abyss

Hmmm, my GTX1080 only has 8GB of VRAM, and I'm certainly not looking to upgrade in the next few years, given how friggen expensive GPU's are. I wonder if I'll even be able to play this game at 1080P.

Man, I hope they fix this steaming pile of crap. Imagine having the gall to put minimum effort into a port of a ten year old game, rushing it to release when unfinished, then charging top dollar for it. Who do they think they are, Ubisoft?

Latest posts