What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

Bond007

Warranty issue on my RAV4 resolved. Bearings covered under warranty! Total savings up front $1700 and change. Extended warranty definitely worth the extra cost as I'm over 3k in repairs to date which were all covered.
Ouch. That’s a lot of repairs for a short time. Do you know if it’s common issues, or bad luck?

lowfat

Staff member
Couple weeks ago I ordered some keyboard modding stuff from a person in Florida. I used Paypal checkout and didn't realize that its addresses aren't the same as PayPal account. So it got shipped to my old place (which doesn't exist anymore). Canada Post returned it to sender.

So this morning I email the store, explaining how I messed up and asked if I could pay the shipping when the parcel arrives back to them. They say they'll cover shipping. Not only that, he they shipped a new package out today. Even tho they haven't received the returned one yet.

Lysrin

Couple weeks ago I ordered some keyboard modding stuff from a person in Florida. I used Paypal checkout and didn't realize that its addresses aren't the same as PayPal account. So it got shipped to my old place (which doesn't exist anymore). Canada Post returned it to sender.

So this morning I email the store, explaining how I messed up and asked if I could pay the shipping when the parcel arrives back to them. They say they'll cover shipping. Not only that, he they shipped a new package out today. Even tho they haven't received the returned one yet.
In small tiny pockets of the world... customer service does still exist!

sswilson

Staff member
I'm not in the market, but the deals on NVMe drives over the last week or so have been absolutely nuts!!! Whether you're looking for budget dramless (currently a $50 1TB, and a $140 2TB drive on RFD) drives or a high performance X4 drive ($200 for the 2TB WD850 and others below that, as well as 4TB drives @ $100/TB or lower).

Crazy time to be in the market for high speed storage.

Izerous

Folding Team
I'm not in the market, but the deals on NVMe drives over the last week or so have been absolutely nuts!!! Whether you're looking for budget dramless (currently a $50 1TB, and a $140 2TB drive on RFD) drives or a high performance X4 drive ($200 for the 2TB WD850 and others below that, as well as 4TB drives @ $100/TB or lower).

NVMe prices combined with a qnap-tbs-464 would be an amazing combo if the qnap wasn't so expensive itself.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

The WD 850x 4tb is on sale for 400 bucks now.

Like. I a literally vibrating in my chair to not whip out my CC and buy one.

Please. Send help. FAST.

ipaine

The WD 850x 4tb is on sale for 400 bucks now.

Like. I a literally vibrating in my chair to not whip out my CC and buy one.

Please. Send help. FAST.
Why? Why did you have to let me know?

They are $410 at MemEx. Oh man I could just go there tomorrow and get one, or two, or two and then drive to the second store and get 2 more.

Damn you!!

Latest posts