What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Conroe turn on = no display

Moneyless

Well for some random reason, when i turn on my conroe now, i dont get any display. I didn't change anything, its all like it was, but when i turn it on nothing comes up on my monitor, it just goes to standby. I've tried plugging the monitor cord in the other DVI plug on the gfx card but it does the same thing. The mobo posts "--" when i turn it on. And I'm pretty sure its in a good PCI-E slot, because it was working fine before.
frown.gif
I've reset the CMOS but still does the same thing. (i.e. does nothing)

Can anyone help?

I hope its not the mobo or the gfx card or something like that... really dont feel like going through the whole RMA process...

Babrbarossa

Ugh! I feel for you...

I have never had to do this, but don't the video cards work in either slot/ Maybe you could try it in the other one.

Also, If I had another card lying around, I'd try that one.

How high did you have your memory voltage? Did you experience any instability before this happened?

Moneyless

Going to leave the computer unplugged with the CMOS battery out ovenight.

Memory is at stock 2.0V.

I had experienced some instability before, but it was because of my OC on stock cooling (which will change soon.)

And i dont have another card lying around, all the other systems in the house are AGP.

Wankerfx

Ah, you have D9GMH ram. That was the most common thing that happened to my Team Group ram. It would randomly do that once a month.

I think you have to take out a stick of ram and try booting it. If that doesn't work, take out both, reinsert and then try it.

Going to leave the computer unplugged with the CMOS battery out ovenight.

Memory is at stock 2.0V.

I had experienced some instability before, but it was because of my OC on stock cooling (which will change soon.)

And i dont have another card lying around, all the other systems in the house are AGP.

Moneyless

Well i changed around the video card and the ram, but it still doesnt work. So right now i'm gonna leave the CMOS battery out and the GFX card out of the slot for 24hrs both.

mgp141

if possible, try your monitor on a different computer. a few weeks ago my girlfriends monitor just went dead, totally random. the power button and standby and everything showed it was working, just the LCD was black. like no power was getting to it

Latest posts