What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

qwerty

I agree that this would be helpful but IMHO think that it should be it's own forum subsection someplace.

I also think that all perspective RMA's should be pm'd to a mod or the Admin to be added to a locked sticky to not have to wade through a spam fest to find useful information. After all our time is much more valuable then that...isn't it? I know that I don't want to wade through 2 pages of spam to get to the next RMA detail.

Then have an open forum under the sticky to post their experience of said RMA giving forum users the ability to post at will...maybe a link within the sticky post to the persons regular forum post on his experience...that would make it easy and organized IMHO.

Just a suggestion...flame away.

Qwerty.

Cheator

I agree that this would be helpful but IMHO think that it should be it's own forum subsection someplace.

I also think that all perspective RMA's should be pm'd to a mod or the Admin to be added to a locked sticky to not have to wade through a spam fest to find useful information. After all our time is much more valuable then that...isn't it? I know that I don't want to wade through 2 pages of spam to get to the next RMA detail.

Then have an open forum under the sticky to post their experience of said RMA giving forum users the ability to post at will...maybe a link within the sticky post to the persons regular forum post on his experience...that would make it easy and organized IMHO.

Just a suggestion...flame away.

Qwerty.
I can appreciate why you think that... but the search option makes this thread very useful. Its why there is a formula to this thread.

And making a locked thread of it would be even worse.

Also... when people post on this thread just to say they think its stupid, I consider that spam. If you don't want it crowded, don't crowd it.

gof

Company Name: Antec
Product: Antec TriCool 120mm fan
Warranty Period: 3 years
Date purchased: September 2006
Date RMAed: March 2007
Where it was sent to: N/A
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: No
Wait time: 1-2 weeks
Details: One of the fans died in my p180 case. I emailed Antec, and they shipped two (not sure why) replacement fans to me within a couple of weeks.
Satisfaction: 10

bushwhacker

WD 36GB Raptors RMA #3 0f 5 drives bought

Company Name: Western Digital
Product: WD360GD
Warranty Period: 5 year
Date purchased: ~2 years ago
Date RMAed: Oct. 17/2007
Where it was sent to: Mississauga ON
Ease of RMA: 8
Any extra fees?: shipping cost of dead drive
Wait time: Drive shipped Nov 07/2007
Details: - 3rd of 5 36GB Raptor drives purchased to go bad.
- this RMA found WD to be out of stock. Just got the replacement drive Nov.12 - they sent a WD800ADFS
Satisfaction: 5

Last edited:

Jhayman

Company Name: OCZ
Product: powersupply GSX600
Warranty Period: Lifetime
Date purchased: 1yr ago-
Date RMAed: 2 months ago
Where it was sent to: Canada, Ontario, Markham
Any extra fees?:no
Wait time: 1 day
Details: I have used OCZ RMA dept many times awsome service, I can drive my parts there for immediate replacment.

qwerty

Company Name: MSI
Product: K9a Platinum Am2 AMD580x 3200xfire Motherboard
Warranty Period: 3 years
Date purchased: Nov. 4, 2007
Date RMAed: Dec 14, 2007
Where it was sent to: Canada, Ontario, Markham
Any extra fees?:No
Wait time: 3 Days total round trip
Details: Incredible! 3 hours after the tech dept. got it a replacement was on its way to me! Would recommend MSI to anyone as far as warranty/RMA goes. We all hate it when things go wrong but it makes it easier when the company takes care of its customers with no questions asked. I am stunned. I am writing on the new pc right now. It came well packaged with loads of protective stuff inside the box inside a brand new static bag with the MSI seal on it. The new board even smelt new...

tyreman

I did RMA's after contacting them and getting the requset RMA numbers.

BFG for a 6600PCI sent them screenshot they okayed the RMA it went to the USA,got a new card in about 3 weeks.
These guys were great,they changed before a failure.
They didn't like the screenshot on boot either.
Cost about $24.00 approx. shipping to USA
Bought current card while waiting.

OCZ in Canada for a power supply. Sent it by fed ex.
They suggested a proper courier service.
About $23.00 approx.
Bought curent PS while waiting.

Got it back in about a 10 day turn around.
New unit factory sealed newer model

Western Digital in Canada 160 SATA drive 8mb cache.
Sent it in got another drive in about 11 days
Say "Factory Recertified" yellow stamp:sad:, though if memory services me right.
Shipping I forget still was worth it.

Antec in Canada P180 new HD rack mounts.
8 day turn around.
no charge.

Antec in Canada waiting on 900 case 'glass side top panel cracked they sent email. is coming in a few days.
says no charge.
note below.

CC where bought wouldn't swap panel. :sad:
Not really surpised at that.
Old days are gone.
Took the panel up to them,needed other stuff,
Left it in Car and Son told them about it
Wanted me to remove all the guts and take it back up to them(another trip) Only then they would give a case replacement.
No thats about 4 hours with driving.
Plus they had down to a couple stock over holidays so likely would sell out buy time I got there.
I know that one.
Let Antec deal with it.
As Above 900 case.

As an added comment.

Was it worth it?

Heck I wonder.

I in a couple cases you notice I went out and purchased new pieces till the "new" replacements arrived.

which when they arrived I sold them.

I have often mused that maybe they should lower the price and just give you say 30 to 90 days full exchange.
then you go and buy again?
I dunno-+

Last edited:

Cheator

Tyreman, try to follow the format to make it searchable. Glad it went well for those RMAs though.

This is a placeholder:

Company Name: Corsair
Product: 1x512mb DDR2 667 ValueRam
Date purchased: 1 year ago
Date RMAed: December 28th, 2007
Where it was sent to: USA/California
Ease of RMA: 8
Wait time: About a month
Details: Had to clarify with the RMA support about what was going on which was kinda stupid. It took an extra week to process. They were slow to ship and confirm it was broken. I was hoping for faster delivery.
Satisfaction: 7

Last edited:

Mars

Company Name: BFG
Product: Geforce 7900GT
Date purchased: Summer 2006
Date RMAed: February 2008
Where it was sent to: United States, Illinois, Lake Forest
Any extra fees?: 1-way shipping cost ($15)
Wait time: Close to 10 days
Details: My 7900GT had developed horrible artifacting in 3D and 2D applications, so I called in for an RMA number. Got a pleasant English speaking chap with no strange accent. He got me to reboot to the BIOS to check card voltages, then he OK'd the RMA. Got the return package after a couple weeks, opened it up to find a brand new 8800 GTS 512MB card, and a BFG shirt. :biggrin:

bushwhacker

Crucial Ballistix

Company Name: Crucial
Product: Ballistix 1x512mb DDR PC4000
Date purchased: 2 year ago
Date RMAed: 27/03/2008
Where it was sent to: Meridian, ID
Wait time:5 days including weekend
Details: Phoned for RMA. Tried to work upgrade to 2x1GB - no way. Cross shipped by paying with credit card - to be credited amt. upon return of dead product.
Satisfaction: 8

Latest posts