What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

Arinoth

Staff member
Use the 190.38, since they are the most recent drivers that are supported by CUDA. I also thought you only needed the 190s or higher to fold on different gen cards?

BrainEater

I have the new core11 and core 14....both cards will not work.

-----

I might give the 190's a try then....thx !

--------

This issue with the 191 and 195 drivers isnt unique...there are a lot of people with the same problem.The driver will actually overvolt the card a little , if you are running an OC it can brick your card or mobo or both.

Nvidia is aware of the issue apparently.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I have the new core11 and core 14....both cards will not work.

-----

I might give the 190's a try then....thx !

--------

This issue with the 191 and 195 drivers isnt unique...there are a lot of people with the same problem.The driver will actually overvolt the card a little , if you are running an OC it can brick your card or mobo or both.

Nvidia is aware of the issue apparently.

Same issue I was having when I was trying to get the 260 and 8800gt working together.
I just gave it up and decided to keep certain gen cards together and haven't had an issue since.

ST

Perineum

I needed to run the 190.62's in order to have my GTX260 play L4D2 without vicious full scrambled screen lockups.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Same issue I was having when I was trying to get the 260 and 8800gt working together.
I just gave it up and decided to keep certain gen cards together and haven't had an issue since.

ST

Looks like as of this afternoon, there is a new core that is supposed to allow for folding with different gen cards (again):
Linky: Folding Forum • View topic - New Nvidia Core released

A new FahCore_11, v1.31, for NVidia has been posted. The changes from the previous version include fixes to the checkpointing logic, and a fix for machines w/ multiple gpus.

Just delete 'fahcore_11.exe' and it should automatically download the updated one.

Note: for a good laugh, read through the thread I linked...whoops!

_dangtx_

Banned
havent had an unstable machne, something 24 hr waiting period since last night, so i guess it picked the proper fixed core.

Zero82z

Banned
Looks like as of this afternoon, there is a new core that is supposed to allow for folding with different gen cards (again):
Linky: Folding Forum • View topic - New Nvidia Core released

Just delete 'fahcore_11.exe' and it should automatically download the updated one.

Note: for a good laugh, read through the thread I linked...whoops!
This is the same 1.31 core that has already been available for a while. They just made it the default public core rather than 1.18 or whatever the old version was. I've been using 1.31 in my secondary rig for a while so I can fold on my GTX260 and 9600GSOs in the same machine, and it works perfectly.

Soultribunal

Staff member
This is the same 1.31 core that has already been available for a while. They just made it the default public core rather than 1.18 or whatever the old version was. I've been using 1.31 in my secondary rig for a while so I can fold on my GTX260 and 9600GSOs in the same machine, and it works perfectly.

I want to try again, but it was such a PITA that I'm not sure lol!

ST

Latest posts