What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVATA.sys - Corrupt or missing!

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
I've tried:

Using the recovery console - still get the same error
Did a repair install - still get the same error

It's a Gigabyte GA-M61VMe-S2 rev 1.0 running XP home

I don't suppose anybody could mail me a non corrupt version of this file to try? - found a DL that they didn't want me to pay for, wtf is the internet coming to.

Last edited:

Zero82z

Banned
NVATA.sys sounds like the driver for nVidia's ATA controller. You could probably get it out of an nForce driver package.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
It is an nvidia file, and of course none of my 3 systems at home use nvidia chipsets, so...

I found a download of the offending file (it wasn't in the driver set for the board - must run AV on this thing)
ran the recovery console and restored nvata.sys from the floppy
ran a repair install

Hopefully this works.

Zero82z

Banned
My point is that you could have probably downloaded an nForce driver package on another machine, extracted it, and copied the driver whether or not the other machines use nVidia chipsets. But anyway, I hope you get it working. If this doesn't solve it, you might have a bigger issue underlying it.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
My point is that you could have probably downloaded an nForce driver package on another machine, extracted it, and copied the driver whether or not the other machines use nVidia chipsets. But anyway, I hope you get it working. If this doesn't solve it, you might have a bigger issue underlying it.

Did that, it's not there.

George Woods

I was running XP Pro and recently booting up I get the dreaded nvata.sys is missing or corrupt. To restore my original system I need a copy of nvata.sys Lots of sites offer it but on not one of them have I been able to download it. Tried somewhat blindly downloading suites of drivers from Nvidia hoping to find the file No Luck and of course silence from Nvidia to e mails. If anyone has any version of nvata.sys I would be happy and grateful to reimburse costs of sending it to me (not sure whether a Sys file as an attachment to an E mail would be rejected!!!!!

George Woods UK
tel 01258 861493