What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

argh, anyone know why my DS3L wont save any BIOS settings?

donimo

I tried shorting the bios clear pins, tried everything, no matter what I set it at it is 2.66, 333x8 with 667 mem speed, I set it higher or lower than stock and it boots at stock (with way less than stock ram), I go back into bios and all my settings are exatly like I saved them, reset, posts at 333x8.

I have tried the "legacy usb" thing, not sure why everyone suggests that as it seems to work 05 of the time...

any help?

donimo

It was weird for a bit, if I set "cpu host clock control" or whatever to "disabled" it would put it at "100x8, 800", but boot at 333x8, its on crack...

This issue is all over the net, unfortunatly reasons why and firm solutions aren't...

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I can save my settings on my DS3L upon exiting the BIOS, but I cannot save them using the F12 Function Key. never worked. But the save function does work on my 965P-S3 and on my GA-P35C-DS3R...

Go figure.

donimo

its F11 to save, but I getcha. I really wish there was a better way other than hauling the PC out and shorting pins, and pulling batteries, seems so 1995...

AkG

This is one area where ASUS is way beyond gigabyte. You GOT to love that big old button on the mobo to reset the cmos (and another to reset the power)....that and the Q connector....makes gigabyte board seem so last century. :bleh: Don't get me wrong I love my DS4...its just lacking in the finer points...compared to my maxi'.

Latest posts