What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D - NB fan help

headsh0t

Time to do the worst thing ever on a forum. Double post.

SSWilson is awesome! After the DFI site decided to load, I found the forums and he was right. There's bascially a golden cooler for the NB replacement, as the stock one dies a LOT. It's an Evercool VGA cooler, odd.

NCIX.com - Buy Evercool VC-RE Copper VGA Cooler 45MM 5000RPM 7.79CFM 24DBA - VC-RE In Canada.

Now that was quick. HWC ftw.

When I bought my DFI NF4 Ultra D second hand, the previous owner had installed one of those. When I was using a 6800gt back in the day i needed to bend some of the fins back. I think my 7950GX2 had enough height to clear it though. It should work fine for you.

N.V.M.

lol, i have a similar DFI board too. those fans are garbage, and failure is a known issue. i just grabbed a cheap passive Zalman.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Great to see an ultra-d still grinding away. That board (IMO) is probably one of the most popular true enthusiast boards of all time. In fact, that's what I was running when I first surfed on over to HWC in the early days. ;)

Lpfan4ever

Well, I just ordered it from DC. $18.99 with air shipping. Not terrible I guess. Better than an AM3 board, RAM, and a processor though, or at least my parents say so since they paid for it. (Basically my PC that they use since my brother destroyed theirs :ph34r:)

sswilson

Staff member
Glad to hear it worked out for you, although after all of the years knowing about that replacement, this is the first time I've seen that it has a red led.... ;)

Any chance you took some before/after NB temp readings?

_dangtx_

Banned
very nice. even if the little fan dies, some low cfm around it will do good.

Lpfan4ever

Glad to hear it worked out for you, although after all of the years knowing about that replacement, this is the first time I've seen that it has a red led.... ;)

All I know is it was somewhere in the 60's on the old one, 43-45 now. It's only running about 1000 RPM of it's supposed 5000 though, since it's hooked up to the mobo instead of the 3-4 pin adapter.

headsh0t

Mine had a red and a blue led on it :thumb:

Latest posts