What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

H50 Performance Issues

MikeFallen

So i just bought a h50 today for my i7 920 and I'm experiencing temp problems still.
Coming from a AMD setup that at idle was 20 Degrees and max load 45 Degrees the heat these intel chips throw off amazes me.

Currently my setup is:
P6x58-D
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz 1.25V
6Gb ram
H50 w/ 2 Scythe Kaze slipstream @1200 Rpm push pull config venting into case

I have reseated the h50 a couple of times trying different thermal paste applying methods (bead, line etc with the same results)

and my results are as follows 50 Idle and 95+ linpack

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

Arinoth

Staff member
First of all you need to switch from Core Temp to Real Temp as i find that its more accurate at higher temperatures then core temp is for the Bloomfield chips. See what temps Real Temp gives you first.

JMCD

You should be seeing around 80C tbh, try what Arinoth said and see what happens.

MikeFallen

about the size of a bb in the center and i placed it down once firmly twisted it a bit to help spreading...also using Artic silver 5 ..just waiting on my IC7 Thermal compound to come in the mail.

Fudd Rucker

There was a thread somewhere around here pertaining to optimal paste applications, you may want to check that out. Ive found the smiley face method actually owrks the best out of what ive done to this point.

Arinoth

Staff member
I don't want to sound like an idiot asking, however is the H50 pump plugged into some form of power such as the motherboard?

AmuseMe

Don't quote me on this, as I am not 100% sure, but don't Intel CPU's run hotter than the AMD ones all ready? I always thought that that was how it was, no? However, a 50C idle does seem quite high.

MikeFallen

I don't want to sound like an idiot asking, however is the H50 pump plugged into some form of power such as the motherboard?

Ha ha yeah pump and 2 fans are plugged in to chassis fan connectors so they all are running at a full 12v

Latest posts