What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
It may not have multiplayer but I can promise you they'll pull a Mass Effect 2 and release things that should have been in the original version as DLCs. Or they'll sell suckers on their overpriced "digital deluxe edition".

Jackquelegs

It may not have multiplayer but I can promise you they'll pull a Mass Effect 2 and release things that should have been in the original version as DLCs. Or they'll sell suckers on their overpriced "digital deluxe edition".

Hindsight is always 20/20. ME2 was a very complete game when it came out. If you need DLCs to fix plot holes, then you would be right. However the ME2 DLCs were simply packs that gave the players more play time. Sure you can argue that Arrival could've been in the original game, but that would have blurred the importance of the suicide mission vs ending of the DLC.

In the end, suckers or not, some fans appreciate getting a bit more content out of the "digital deluxe edition" for the universe/story they love. If you're already gonna spend 50$ on a game, then 5-10$ more for some fanservice stuff should be reasonable.

ipaine

Well I don't think they will be able to pull something like arrival again considering they are wrapping it up at the end of this game. But I would think that the way most publishers are now a days, we will see some additional dlc.

YukonTrooper

DLC is a dirty money-grab, at least 95% of the time. The odd time something will come along like Bad Company 2: Vietnam, or the price is reasonable for the content, but I can't abide by most DLC. Then again, reasonable price is subjective to many, but I'm only looking at things from an objective "compared to original content" point-of-view.

The most criminal thing to do is load content onto a disc that the consumer has already paid for, but then only unlock it at a later date and charge a fee for doing so. That's just f'd up.

lowfat

Staff member
I almost never buy DLC's. However I did buy all of the game content ones for ME2. Some of them (i.e. Shadow Broker's Lair) are really good and well worth the money.

ipaine

I almost never buy DLC's. However I did buy all of the game content ones for ME2. Some of them (i.e. Shadow Broker's Lair) are really good and well worth the money.

I have to agree that the ones while sure would have been nice if they were part of the game from the get go, were worth it, at least shadow broker and arrival.

What kind of messed up Japanese anime crap is that!?

Ummm, that doesn't look even the slightest bit like any anime I've seen. Really that is a lot closer to what you would see in North American comics. And as others have said, so what, who here really used the default Shepard anyways?

G

I really should get around to playing ME2, got it downloaded on steam but TBH all I ever did was start it up and shut the game down. Got to finish Torchlight first though. :/

Latest posts