What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Error on Asus M4A785TD-V Evo

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Ok, so my son came over with his AMD 1090T / M4A785TD-V Evo system. After the power outage yesterday, it continued to work for a couple of hours, then hard reset on him and wouldn't post. It's a stock clocked system.

I've cleared the CMOS and swapped the PSU out, and now get 1 beep, followed 5 seconds later by 2 short beeps. According to the Asus beep table, this is a memory problem. I've pulled his ram, video card, drives and put one stick of known good ram out of my machine, tried it in each slot, and still get the same code.

So, fried memory controller? Mobo maybe?

Anybody in the Surrey area with an AMD AM3 system I could try his CPU in to see if that's the issue? I don't have any AMD parts I can exchange to test with to help him sort out this problem.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'm going to vote on the MB, since there should still be enough protection circutry on the system to save the CPU in the events that happened.

But I don't have an AM3 board I could send for you to troubleshoot :(

Hopefully someone can get you one to test with. Maybe hit up soullessone and see?

-ST

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I "borrowed" an AM3+ mobo, which won't post with known good memory and the original CPU. I think the memory controller popped on the CPU.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Damn! I was hoping for the least expensive of the two going.
Very rare for the CPU to die, but it looks like it then if you say that.

Sorry to hear SJ,

-ST

Soullessone21

Sugar it's Ur lucky day there is a 1090t sitting in Richmond for me I will ship it Ur way Monday and just ship me the dead one back putting it in the new CPU box to not risk damage to pins in shipping pm me if u want it.