What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completely new and Crushed i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedShackley

have you tried it anyway,

well try to RMA it, maybe it came like it....

otherwise, someone with the proper soldering equipment and big magnifying glass/loupe and skills could fix it with the proper replacement resistors, but actually getting the model # of them, and then finding somewhere to buy them would be a big hassle alone.

but if someone had a busted chip, very very good chance its exterior resistors work fine, its sad if its goes to the garbage, 2 broken chips could make 1 perfect chip again

Silent_Avenger

I hope your friend's brother has a job because paying that back if you can't get it RMA'd. $360 is only $125 less than my monthly rent :shok:

jtktam

why would people tell them to RMA it? if it didn't come that way, you are basically pulling a scam.. fraud.. cheat.. it will drive up the cost and make it harder for real damage to be RMA in the future!

-joe

great_big_abyss

why would people tell them to RMA it? if it didn't come that way, you are basically pulling a scam.. fraud.. cheat.. it will drive up the cost and make it harder for real damage to be RMA in the future!

-joe

Intel - $13.9 billion in revenue, $3.4 billion net profits

Also, a lot of these major companies will RMA warranty these things just to keep a good name and a satisfied repeat consumer. I know that if a company were to RMA something that I broke, they would create a customer out of me for life.

Last edited:

Painbringer71

-joe

Stores do it as well on manufacturers. Oops the employee dropped and stepped on it. It is now a Manufacturer defect

Shadowmeph

I wouldn't bother with an RMA attempt for the main reason of you spend the money sending it back and they will tell you that the RMA wouldn't be allowed so it is both a waste of time for both you and the company and also the added stress in just hoping it goes through. just buy a new board and hope that you can get your money out of who ever did that.

jtktam

Intel - $13.9 billion in revenue, $3.4 billion net profits

Also, a lot of these major companies will RMA warranty these things just to keep a good name and a satisfied repeat consumer. I know that if a company were to RMA something that I broke, they would create a customer out of me for life.

a company is out to make money.. how much revenue they have and how much net profits they make is irrelevant.. you point is just to divert attention from the fact that it wasn't a manufacturer defect, but outright end user damage..

Stores do it as well on manufacturers. Oops the employee dropped and stepped on it. It is now a Manufacturer defect

so if the guy down the street kills 15 people, it's ok for you to do that?

just because somebody does something, doesn't make it right for you..

I wouldn't bother with an RMA attempt for the main reason of you spend the money sending it back and they will tell you that the RMA wouldn't be allowed so it is both a waste of time for both you and the company and also the added stress in just hoping it goes through. just buy a new board and hope that you can get your money out of who ever did that.

ditto..

---

The more I read these responses, the more I think about general moral / value degradation in the last decade or two.. i was taught to take responsibility for things I did wrong.. if I broke it, i won't even think about going back to try to get it replaced as "defect"

why do the youths of today feel so entitled and always try to find shortcuts / easy way outs?

-joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts