What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

muse108dc

yeah it really is meant for 4 people. Which is a pain with the patience of some of the players

the spacebar tapping to stay alive longer is annoying I find

muse108dc

I really dont think that the single player was that representative of the actual game. Supposedly a lot of the dialogue has been cut due to spoilers, the dangers of cutting and pasting missions from later in the game. And that 1 mission was short, which doesnt say much for the length of the game, but Bioware is good at one thing and thats story, if they ever make what could be called a great game in 5 years still this will be it.

I will say this, combat is much improved, guns sound better, and zipping around the battlefield as a vanguard in multiplayer is hella fun, I'd hate to be the other people on my team following in my wake, watching me tear through the enemy while they are forced to try to keep up. I'm considering not taking a SMG now as I just dont use it anyways, may consider a heavy pistol depending on the weight.

Edit: Turns out you can solo at least quite a bit of bronze if you get higher levels as vanguard, infiltrator also seems to be able to have a fair chance with their cloak. Silver and higher though I think you do need 3 or 4 and thats really how it should be. Multiplayer.

Last edited:

On2wheels

I'm not that impressed with the SP demo. No MP avail for me yet. Already the BF3 deals appear: preorder ME3 on Origin get BF3 free.

muse108dc

I'm not that impressed with the SP demo. No MP avail for me yet. Already the BF3 deals appear: preorder ME3 on Origin get BF3 free.

I havent seen that deal yet but then again I havent really been looking.

If you dont care about the hard vs digitial extra stuff then its most likely a really good deal. BF3 being fairly new and still 60 or so dollars. Surprised they picked it over the star wars MMO though, theyd increase the number of people that might end up paying for more months.

And I agree with the single player, it didnt show any of the story or dialogue and thats generally Bioware's strength.

ipaine

And I agree with the single player, it didnt show any of the story or dialogue and thats generally Bioware's strength.

Well we did see the initial beginning, although I'm sure it is chopped up a bit, and then a further in level which has one of my favorites, Wrex, and shows us at least some of what may help get the Krogens on our side for the fight.

I enjoyed the demo and while yes it didn't give away much if at all anything really, but that is fine by me. I am just eagerly awaiting March 6th so I can play the full thing. Plus it gave me a chance to test out running it in Sandboxie and making sure that worked. :biggrin:

YukonTrooper

I hope the pace of the drama is slowed down a bit in the full version. I didn't mind the direction Bioware went with ME2, but the drama feels very rushed and forced now. For example, the whole invasion of Earth scene I thought could have been fleshed out way more. Earth in crisis is dramatic enough, no need to have everything jammed into one cinematic sequence. On the other hand, the escape vessels being shot down with the kid inside was good drama.

Battle seems good. Definitely more responsive and feels more like a shooter, which I don't mind. People complain about the franchise moving towards too much shooter and not enough RPG, but I've never felt a farming, exploring type of RPG environment would fit ME's gameplay. I like the concentration on a fluid storyline. I'll give up an inventory and superfluous sidequests for that.

ipaine

I hope the pace of the drama is slowed down a bit in the full version. I didn't mind the direction Bioware went with ME2, but the drama feels very rushed and forced now. For example, the whole invasion of Earth scene I thought could have been fleshed out way more. Earth in crisis is dramatic enough, no need to have everything jammed into one cinematic sequence. On the other hand, the escape vessels being shot down with the kid inside was good drama.

I get the feeling that it will be fleshed out more in the full game.

I did find out that I can't pre-order the collectors edition from futureshop in the store. I can do it online but not in store. Kind of sucks as I don't want to have to wait for it to be shipped to me. Then it is sold out on the Best Buy site and I don't see the collectors edition on EBgames and it is not available on Amazon.ca yet. I guess I will have to order it from Futureshop and hope either it gets here on time or I will have to get it some other way until it comes in, although I really don't want to.

muse108dc

yeah I could have (should have) warned you that Futureshop doesn't preorder collectors in store. Ran into the same problem with skyrim as well.

I would go knock on Bioware's door, I know EA here in Vancouver has a small store in it, no idea if they actually preorder anything though.

I think one of the reasons I'm so enamored with the multiplayer is due to the fact that I really wasnt expecting anything from it. Thats even after playing it in an early beta stage last year. I can see myself actually playing it though come march. AND I finally managed to unlock a turian for it.

Latest posts