What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

Jebusman

So I have to say, as a infrequent browser of 4chan, I'm genuinely surprised at how much of the game has been leaked so far. Part of this is someone getting a hold of that Mass Effect art book with some choice spoilers, but dialogue leaks? Storyline? Seriously, how hard was Bioware trying to keep this under wraps.

ipaine

Well just don't post any here, cause I don't want to know. I got the full collectors edition coming and have the 7th, 8th, and 9th booked off work to dedicate my days to it.

rjbarker

ipaine.....^^^^^ fvck right on I love your attitude!!! What exctly is Mass Effect gameplay like....is it Action RPG etc? Anything like Dead Space?....curious is all...

Jebusman

Well just don't post any here, cause I don't want to know. I got the full collectors edition coming and have the 7th, 8th, and 9th booked off work to dedicate my days to it.

Don't worry, I wouldn't post any of it. Let's just say I'm actually surprised at what Bioware has done. A little mad, but genuinely surprised. Should be interesting once the game actually hits.

ipaine

ipaine.....^^^^^ fvck right on I love your attitude!!! What exctly is Mass Effect gameplay like....is it Action RPG etc? Anything like Dead Space?....curious is all...

Gameplay is like, hmmm, I would say action story rpg. A decent amount of action, a ton of story, and a small amount of rpg. For me the big appeal is the story. That and the fact that your decisions really make a difference and truly affect you and the world around you. Add to that the decisions move from game to game with you and it really does add to it all.

The rpg elements are more about assigning your experience points and that does effect how you play and what extra abilities you want. You can also manually do the same for all of the members of your party so it can really have an effect over all.

Then the action, well it has gotten better and better with each game, with ME3 looking to be the best and most challenging of the bunch. Also looks like a lot more of a variation of the enemies this time around, which is a good thing.

All in all, the story is the reason I play, the action and rpg elements are just icing on the cake, at least for me.

LaughingCrow

Mass Effect 3 is the final installment of a series. There's a demo out for both consoles and the PC. But the PC version requires you to install Origin software. Not available on Steam, but you probably can get ME 2 cheap on Steam or elsewhere.

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 were single player games and Mass Effect 3 will have co-op play. ME 3 also does something new - 3 game styles - Action (less story), RPG (the full game), Story (less action).
There are 6 character classes to chose from.

Origin

On2wheels

Do you ever hear anything about Bioware in the local news or drive by their office? You'd think they'd hold some sort of local giveaway on the day of release, that would be cool.

LaughingCrow

Do you ever hear anything about Bioware in the local news or drive by their office? You'd think they'd hold some sort of local giveaway on the day of release, that would be cool.
Well, EA is doing a weird marketing stunt and you'd think they'd do in Canada with all the BioWare offices...

Six copies of the game are being launched a week early in high altitude weather balloons with GPS tracking in Paris, London, Berlin, New York, San Francisco and Las Vegas.

Marketing zenith reached: Early copies of Mass Effect 3 on weather balloons | Joystiq

thorn

All in all, the story is the reason I play, the action and rpg elements are just icing on the cake, at least for me.

Same here.

Also I will probably be up for some coop once it comes out.

Wonder if I should do another play through of ME2, I had completely forgotten about Arrival when I played the demo for ME3.

Latest posts