What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2013 Chimp Challenge Discussions: rules discussion ongoing now

Xavier Zepherious

Just a friendly heads up about starting discussions right away

I think we had concensus on starting earlier this year

Get or Pick your CC captains and lets start talking already so we can iron things out right away

I'll start a CC thread in the EVGA forums for discussions and if you wish to contact me there you can post or PM me there (im usually on)

Xavier Zepherious

Glad you love Calgary.
I did a stint there while on campus there

Im from Medicine Hat,AB 3hr drive from Calgary

I also forgot to tell you we are starting Folding Madness early at EVGA
depends on the rules I'll try to keep you guys informed on that

great_big_abyss

I know last year there was some dissent among teams prior to the start of Chimp Challenge, and that the new rules were implemented in order to appease some of the larger teams. Will this be an issue again this year? Does it look like we'll be using the same format? Are there still some rumblings among teams?

Xavier Zepherious

I think the formula needs minor tweaking (we kind of like it... it's definitely better than OCN's formula was)
it was one of my submissions that OCN had dismissed

in fact was reborn again when OCN formula was shown to have exponential growth and someone else brought up the idea again

the fact is we need a linear progression on the formula
(a math expert or computer programmer would know)

We could also look at different categories to win I like the OCAU idea with different Idols to win

EVGA's problem is serious lead time - we need it to get members out
we don't get help from EVGA on mailout
we are limited on sending PM's - try sending out 12,000 PMs when you can only send five at a time and you have to re-type and wait a certain time limit

Last edited:

stoanee

Folding Team
Might as well just give us the lil' chimp right now and spare all the pissin and moaning......:whistle:

LoTech

Folding Team
We really need to contact old folders that have fallen off the radar. See if we can get them back into the "fold" again. Does someone have a members email list that we can mass mail out? This would be preferred to PM's as some may not use the PM method. Its good we are talking about it, maybe we can recruit some friends to join in for the CC.:ph34r:

trayton

My cards can't help at all I don't think but my CPU's should be decent wonder how much it will cost me in Hydro to put up another million points?

Latest posts