What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gallery Corsair Carbide Air 540 build

Killswitch

Slik and his wife Bean Counter (both forum members here) got me an awesome and VERY unexpected present for Christmas. It didn't take me long to transfer my main gear over but I didn't want to post any pics until I had the LED lighting, radiators, and fans that I wanted so it looked good. It took me a while but I finally got it finished. I'm still debating on some painting the top and front metal grills red. But here's what I've got for now. Sorry that some of the pics aren't too great. "We" (translation=my wife!) forgot our good camera at my parents over the holidays. :whistle:

Here's my parts list:

Guts:
Intel i7 3770K OC'd to 4.7 GHz
Asus ROG Maximus V Formula
Corsair Vengeance Red CMZ8GX3M2X1600C7R 8GB Kit
Intel 540 series 240GB SSD
WD Black 640GB HDD
Asus ROG Xonar Pheobus
2 x HD7970's OC'd to 1125 MHz core and 6300 Mhz mem
XFX 1000W Limited Black Edition PSU

Cooling:
EK-DCP 4.0 pump
EK CSQ waterblocks
3/8 PrimoFlex Advanced LTR clear tubing
Monsoon fittings
XSPC EX240mm radiator
Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Gen2 radiator
5 x Corsair SP120mm fans
1 x Corsair AF140mm fan
EK-Ekoolant Blood Red

Last edited:

Bean Counter

...originally when you spoke of painting the top and grills i thought it was a good idea.....now....looking at these pics....not so sure. then again, it's your baby. looks amazing...nice, neat job!

Bond007

That second pic from the bottom is pure money:punk:

That's my favorite pic as well. Looks good. I don't think I would add anymore red if it was mine (would become the primary color vice the accent), but if you like the idea then go for it!!! Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Masteroderus

I'm interested to see if there's any interaction/how much interaction there is between the copper and aluminum blocks in the loop.

Killswitch

That second pic from the bottom is pure money:punk:

Thanks!

...originally when you spoke of painting the top and grills i thought it was a good idea.....now....looking at these pics....not so sure. then again, it's your baby. looks amazing...nice, neat job!

Like I said, I'm not so sure about painting now either. lol Thanks again!

I'm interested to see if there's any interaction/how much interaction there is between the copper and aluminum blocks in the loop.

Aluminum?? Where? The rads are copper+brass, the coolant path through the mobo block is a copper pipe, and the CPU and GPU blocks are nickel plated copper.

Bond007

Forgot to ask...what kind of temps are you getting on the CPU and GPUs with that setup?

Killswitch

Looks great!!! Glad to see somebody found a use for that rad. ;)

Thanks again SS!

Forgot to ask...what kind of temps are you getting on the CPU and GPUs with that setup?

Hmmm.... can't think of all the exact numbers off the top of my head. I'm at work right now. :whistle:
I think the CPU idles around 25 and hits 45 while gaming. That's external temp. Internal temp is a lot higher but jumps around. I've seen it hit 70 - 75 a few times. One GPU shuts down at idle but the one that doesn't I believe hovers around 35. Both hit around 45 - 50 while gaming. I still have to play with fan speeds and find a good balance between performance and quietness. Once I get that done and pay more attention to system temps I'll have better answers.

Edit: I just realized that I probably have a ton of air stuck in the top of that 360 rad! :doh: I never flipped the unit around to get rid of any trapped air after filling it with fluid so I will probably be getting way better temps after doing that.

Last edited:

Latest posts