What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Something strange with laptop keyboard ( shift+ some of the keys)

Shadowmeph

I have been noticing for the last few days that something strange going on with this older compaq laptop keyboard
I checked in the windows keyboard setup and it is set to US keyboard
I will give you and example I am going to do the shiftkey plus all of the number keys from 1-0 to show what I mean here
ok this is 1!( normal), 2"( not normal should be at 3/( should be pound),4$ ( coreect) 5%( correct) 6?( not correct),7& (correct), 8* ( correct) 9( correct 0) correct
can someone tell me what is going onÉ well that was supposed to be a question mark so it appears that it is more then the number keys

masterboxbuilder

Same problem

Not sure what the problem is but my Asus work laptop does the same thing every now and then and the only way to correct it is to power off and restart. It's almost like it's mixing a French letter set and other strange characters together. Curious too.

ShinraCorp

Same here instead it's my desktop, Windows seem to put the French Canadian keyboard layout for some random reason even if you didn't install it. It usually happens when I play BF4 and instead of ? I get É like if it switched during the game. So it's still a problem but very rare to execute the bug (I imagine it's a bug)

LHN91

If I remember correctly, having your location set as Canada automatically sets a French-Canadian keyboard layout as an option. Hitting a particular keyboard combo (Ctrl-Shift, IIRC) switches keyboard layouts.

It's possible to hit the combo by accident - I know I've done it several times.

Shadowmeph

If I remember correctly, having your location set as Canada automatically sets a French-Canadian keyboard layout as an option. Hitting a particular keyboard combo (Ctrl-Shift, IIRC) switches keyboard layouts.

It's possible to hit the combo by accident - I know I've done it several times.

That is whAt I am thinking because I used to have this happen allot when I used the Canadian keyboard setup , but on this install I used US setup but the Canadian -8 Timezone and when I went to check ( after this happened to me) and make sure that the keyboard was setup for US it also has the Canadian Multicultural keyboard and some other keyboard on the list which I removed so that it was only the US keyboard tha tis when I rebooted a couple of times which didn't fix the problem so I ten shut down pulled the batter pressed to power button to removed and leftover electricity in the caps then plugged everything back in and it corrected it self

Latest posts