What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NTFS.sys stopped responding

ShinraCorp

Alright I think this is just a coincidence but the day I purchase my upgrade my PC has been behaving strangely since the day of the order.

Basically the computer will crash to a BSOD with the message saying the NTFS.sys has stopped responding. Of course NTFS is the file system windows uses so that means that either anyone of my hard drives or SSD is going bad or it's the RAM. I've done a chkdsk on all HDDs and SSD showed up nothing. I did an extended test memory check with Windows Memory check and MemTest86+ both showed up nothing as well.

So does anyone here have a clue what could cause this?

The BSOD happens randomly, sometimes it happens when I start loading a video on YouTube, sometimes it's mid-game.

ShinraCorp

Possibly, I did have two WD HDDs for over 6 years. The Caviar Green types to boot, they were surprisingly durable even after the reports of everyone having trouble with them.

Do you recommend a tool to check a hard drive? Because I used ChkDsk function in the command prompt and didn't bring anything bad. I'll back everything to my NAS just to make sure.

ShinraCorp

Ok so I think I know what the problem was. I did a reformat of Windows on it and it seemed to have stopped, perhaps it was a software corruption. Those green drives are still good :p

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I had a green fail rather quickly when I put it in a spanned pool with a few Reds it didn't live long in that config.

Latest posts