What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Black screen hard crashes?

yoyoguy

Hi, recently I've had this issue with my computer where every so often if I'm not doing anything super intense, like watching youtube videos or just web browsing, my computer will crash to a black screen, and then the bios is the next thing I see as it starts to boot. I don't get any error message, just cuts to black before booting again. Its been happening for about a month now, but its been getting worse lately. Trying to play certain games, it gets really REALLY bad. I get these crashes playing fallout 4 about every 20 minutes, but playing CS:GO it has yet to happen at all.

I never had these crashes before upgrading to windows 10, so it makes me think its the software, though my computer is kind of old at this point, notably the RAM and hard drives are saved from the last computer I had built before my current.

Thank you for any help!

yoyoguy

AMD FX 8150
8gb patriot ram
gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
AMD 7950

I'll pull up some monitoring software and keep an eye on my temps while I play, but like I said, I've only had these crashes since I upgraded to windows 10.

Helios79

AMD's support in Windows 10 has been lackluster, at best. Are you using the 15.7.1 drivers or 15.11 beta package?

yoyoguy

Under the "Software Update" section on the information tab of CCC, it says 15.201.1151-150821a-188665E is the current version

Not sure if thats what you were asking about

Going to install the 15.11 beta driver and see how that performs.

Helios79

You're really not loading your system by playing CS:GO. It's such a light-weight game that nearly any $499 desktop special can play it at a decent frame-rate (why it's so popular with a certain demographic). Fallout 4 on the other hand is quite a different animal. It pushes PC's to their limits. If you are getting crashes on more intensive gaming titles, I would suspect something is a-miss other than driver problems. I am now starting to suspect overheating or other hardware problems. You haven't mentioned what type of power supply you have in that system. I am curious to know what it is.

KaptCrunch

remove the reset button, to see if still does the issue

other is kids may have put metal in case causing a short

KaptCrunch

gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 has 6 version of this motherboard open case and look on MB, written RevX.XX once you know your MB reversion go to gigabyte site and get correct bios update for your MB , if get wrong one will make a brain dead system, read your manual on how to update bios

Attachments

• rev.jpg
    rev.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Latest posts