What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

shuts down on reset, requires cmos clear.

Jokester

So I had to pull my rig apart to send back my ek Predator 240. So threw it back together today with just an air cooler on. no big deal... so go to boot up and its not working so I reset cmos and it posts. go into bios change a couple things, save and restart. computer just shuts down. Push the power button, starts then dies. :blarg: reset cmos, posts fine boots into windows. Says I need to restart for installed hardware, reboot. Shuts down and doesn't come back on. clear cmost again, posts goes into windows. Now I have been running for just over 1 hour and its running fine.

Just wondering what could be causing this if anyone has seen it before. Battery dead? only thing I could think of off the top of my head that could cause this oddity!

sswilson

Staff member
Motherboard battery would certainly be my first inclination for that kind of behaviour.

Fudd Rucker

You had to RMA your predator as well? Mine clonked out after 10 days.... Regretting upping my previous 220x for this.

Jokester

You had to RMA your predator as well? Mine clonked out after 10 days.... Regretting upping my previous 220x for this.

Yeah mine started leaking out of the block. Very unfortunate because I liked the setup. :sad:

They put in a full recall of all 1.0 versions because of a bad batch of o-rings.

Never had an issue with an EK product before so giving it a second chance, just waiting on NCIX to get the new stock in :whistle:

Latest posts