What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

mobile contracts - where to look for promo's and such?

sswilson

Staff member
how much more are you paying over the $38/m for 2.5Gb for the 4GB you've just got?

I'm $90/m with unlimited everything but for data, which is 10GB/m.

Nothing, it's the same price, just a 1.5GB upgrade to data.

edit: Best part was the ability to accept the change in plan, but not have it kick in until the current billing period ends.

Last edited:

gingerbee

I am with chatr and love it 55$ a month gets me unlimited txt worldwide and talk for North America plus 6gb that they say is only 3g but I have LTE on my cell pretty much all the time and have no trouble at streaming stuff

sswilson

Staff member
And now it's 4.5GB... :)

Looks like PM is aggressively targeting the $45/4GB plans from last month.

Gotta love not being on a contract.

JD

Staff member
And now it's 4.5GB... :)

Looks like PM is aggressively targeting the $45/4GB plans from last month.

Gotta love not being on a contract.
Hopefully they let you switch over. At least that's slowly getting back to where it should be, though at the loss of LTE.

sswilson

Staff member
Hopefully they let you switch over. At least that's slowly getting back to where it should be, though at the loss of LTE.

3G isn't really accurate... it's LTE, but throttled down to 3.5 mbps. Slow(ish) speeds but less lag than actual 3G.

sswilson

Staff member
Well that was short lived.... :)

In the space of 2 1/2 months I went from a $40 Public Mobile 2.5GB (LTE lite) UL Canadian Talk & International Text Prepaid account, to a 4GB the next month, and then 4.5GB. Now I've just accepted a Koodo postpaid offer of $45 for 8GB LTE UL Canadian Talk & UL International Text.

It's an extra $8 / month but that gets me an extra 3.5GB and bumps me up to full speed as well as offering full CSR if required.

edit: And for anybody who ends up in this thread looking for info... don't forget to check RFD for deals, and don't forget to see if there are benefits for getting a referral..... PM is $10 for both the referrer and the referree (as well as $1/mo credit for the referrer), and often has special deals that sweeten the deal up quite a bit. Koodo has $50 for each ($10/mo over 5 mo) but has to be initiated prior to activating a new koodo account.

Last edited:

On2wheels

Heads up, Public Mobile has been updating their plans almost monthly for a while now, and a new $25 plan has appeared for 1gb of 3g, canada wide calling, voicemail, etc. Any new subs can PM me for a referral number.

Latest posts