What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Chromebook

superFlint

Hey, me again.

Sister called and her 12 year old daughter wants a Chromebook or a phone for Christmas, but she is not getting her a phone she said. She tried a chromebook at school and now wants one and not an iPad like I told her to get.
I was looking for one for her and dont know what to tell her to get. A lot of the reviews are not good. The HP Chromebook x2 looks awesome but it is not available in Canada. She is looking for something under $400 tax incl. Decent battery life is important. Maybe an iPad is the way to go?

Thanks for any help!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Get an iPad. The build quality is way better than any Chromebook on the market.

JD

Staff member
That's tough though, if the school is using Chromebooks and teaching them on that, it may be better to stick to that. Especially if it's primary use is to do school work, likely everything is integrated into the G Suite Apps and having a proper keyboard to type on would be beneficial.

superFlint

I kind of figured that an iPad was better, time to convince her too.

I do not think the school was using them, though I am not 100% sure on that, I think it was a friends she tried. It seems some schools are using them though.

Lysrin

My daughter's school is heavy into Chromebooks. Having the suite of Google apps is convenient for working on things at school and at home.

If she doesn't need to have the Chromebook, of course you can pair an iPad with a nice keyboard for a decent setup. I wouldn't want to type anything of significance on any tablet without a physical keyboard.

Latest posts