What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

iOS 12 and your ipad

On2wheels

For those who have it what do you think, is 12 worth the update on a 1 year old ipad? I'm concerned because my old ipad 3 can hardly multitask now and I don't remember it being that slow when I first got it. Mom says her ipad messaging app doesnt scroll messages correctly, that you have to minimize the keyboard each time to see the full message history (in landscape mode at least). Apple online support says they wont suggest anything until we've updated it fully. For the record it's on 11.0.2 iirc.

Bond007

My wife’s mini 2 has always been kept up to date (just did the most recent one today). Generally speaking I haven’t ever noticed much “slowing” with iOS updates (I think I did with 11 initially, but a minor update corrected it). I have had issues with apps when not running the latest iOS though, hence why I keep it up to date now. It is showing some signs of age, but really there is no shame for it

supaflyx3

iPad 1-4 had bad, incapable hardware. You're fine to update. Since Apple has slowed down the production cycle on iPads yours would still be the current gen, or 1 gen behind, no?

zoob

iPad 3 on latest iOS here. It's slow but much more usable than iPad 2. Enable "Reduced motion" and it'll help look less choppy. Perfectly fine for Netflix/FibeTV/YouTube.
iPad Air 2 still flies and IMO is the best of the recent iPads, aside from the new iPad Pro.

Latest posts