What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

new gpu install-post code62

jtf2

okay thought i would start a new post to cover this new issue

as i posted previously
1080 gtx installed into other pcie slot on asus hero viii
moved pcie connectors from 780gtx to the 1080
display port and hdmi plugged into 1080

it starts booting process card lights up
but no screen display just sits at post code62
which my understanding is
installation of pch runtime services

so i turned it off,put the cables back on the 780 and here i am
i did see in the device manager the 1080 card so thats good
fwiw the bios i am using is 3401 which is from 2017
could it be possible a newer bios is needed to recognize that card?

will keep poking around to see if i can sort this out

MARSTG

And if you try the onboard ? Connect display cable to onboard only, go to bios, select to initialize the onboard gpu only, save, shutdown. attach display cable to 1080, reboot, in windows go to display properties select to display windows on both monitors , clone style. Then switch to the display with the 1080.

But why don't you remove the 780? is it part of a hard to disassemble water loop?

Last edited:

jtf2

And if you try the onboard ? Connect display cable to onboard only, go to bios, select to initialize the onboard gpu only, save, shutdown. attach display cable to 1080, reboot, in windows go to display properties select to display windows on both monitors , clone style. Then switch to the display with the 1080.

hmmm thanks for that idea
i will try that shortly

is it possible the bios needs to be updated?
i am on bios3401 which is dated 4\7\17
newest bios for this board is 3802 dated 4\27\18

i am not sure where on the gpu any onboard leds are,as my case is an inverted setup,so can`t see any diagnostic leds etc,to give me a clue on that side of things

yes i do not want to tear down the loop until i have the block for the gpu,otherwise it means a temp rerouting of the loop without the gpu and i would rather not do that

Last edited:

jtf2

than stop experimenting with the 1080.
lol
card was bought used which is why I want to just get it confirmed running properly
then I can block it and put it back in the loop

wife has hijacked my main pc so no more work on it tonight lol

JD

Staff member
No settings in the BIOS to disable the PCIe slot entirely? I think if the motherboard senses anything in the top most slot (closest to CPU) that takes priority as the video output device. Since you don't have power cables attached, it's likely giving you that POST error code.

Don't have enough PCIe power cables to connect both? Have any molex-to-PCIe adapters? Use those on the 780.

I was in a similar situation a while ago, but my ROG board had DIP switches on it to disable PCIe slots. Super easy to disable the top GPU and test out my new one in the slot below before tearing apart my loop.

jtf2

No settings in the BIOS to disable the PCIe slot entirely? I think if the motherboard senses anything in the top most slot (closest to CPU) that takes priority as the video output device. Since you don't have power cables attached, it's likely giving you that POST error code.

Don't have enough PCIe power cables to connect both? Have any molex-to-PCIe adapters? Use those on the 780.

I was in a similar situation a while ago, but my ROG board had DIP switches on it to disable PCIe slots. Super easy to disable the top GPU and test out my new one in the slot below before tearing apart my loop.

typing with the 1080 up and running.
i have a seasonic 850 prime psu,and i just used the stock psu cables
cant wait to get this under water

thanks again for all the help

Latest posts