What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Error 96

Alpine

Hi guys,

I have a question about a pc without display since few days.
The led error code give the code 96, which is '' Assign PCI device resources''

How do i do that '' Assign PCI device resources '' when i have no display ?

This probably useless, I have try other video cards, monitors and PCI slot, still nothing appears.

Thanks

sswilson

Staff member
Have you done the standard "remove all unnecessary hardware/single stick memory/cmos reset" yet?

Alpine

Geokilla:

I am not able to access the bios. I don't have any display. Monitor stay off. Also, since this board have a dual bios, i switch to the second one and i still have the same error.

Valkyrie

You could try closely examining the socket and applying a little deoxit to the land pads of the chip and re-seating (or even just re-seating.) It might bring it back or it might be a hard fault. Long shot but maybe worth a try.

Alpine

Problem solved. I don't know why, but PC decided to restart after few days unpluged from the wall. Got access to bios and did a update.

Thank you all

Valkyrie

That's interesting Alpine. I'm curious as to how long you had the board completely powered down when you changed the battery. It seems something was latched up in a bad state and being held by a capacitor.

Glad to hear your back in business...

Alpine

Valkyrie,

My pc was unplugged for about 3 or 4 days if i remember right. No electric wires was plug on the mb. It's maybe luck but it worked for me.

Latest posts