What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

X79 Motherboard from China

MARSTG

They say ( LTT and others ) that the VRMs are weak and will fail with high end SKUs.

lowfat

Staff member
I'm running a no name H87 from China in my Plex server. Paired w/ a 4770K and it does ok. If you look on Aliexpress you can find some X79 boards for even cheaper.

JD

Staff member
I ordered a H61 one last week, $42 USD with ePacket shipping from AliExpress. It's for my old 2500k, figure I'll toss it into my Fractal Node 304 case and use (maybe) as a backup NAS of sorts. Slowly replacing all the drives in my QNAP with IronWolf 10TB's, so I'll have drives lying around too.

It's mini DTX format though, kind of unique, but should let me run a NIC + RAID card.

As long as you aren't looking for miracles or overclocking, I think these should be okay. That's my thinking at least.

Alpine

JD and lowfat: I love that. Thats awesome.

MarsTG - Shadow : I saw that board too and now my choice is to decided to go atx or mini atx ;-)

I will go take a look at LTT forum for more info. Thanks guys

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I seen Linus use the board same CPU and a titan x maxwell lol same items I have sitting in a box.

Latest posts