What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I need a little help and some folks thoughts on 2 x570 boards

gingerbee

ya, I have mine set to negative offset at 0.1 vcore so it never goes over 1.4 using 1 to 4 cores and goes up to 4.4ghz

All core use I get 3.9 to 4.2 depends on the load at 1.25 to 1.3 max vcore which I am happy with and temps never go over 78c max on the NHd15
only thing I am still a little not happy with is I have to set ram at 1.37 to get my docp to work at 3000mhz.

Another thing is I heard you shouldn't trust ryzen master for voltages it doesn't read correct vcore in fact mine even with the offset says I go as high as 1.5vcore which every other one hwmonitor and cpuz say max 1.4 and both read the same.
Ryzen master is always 1.0-volt above what they read

lowfat

Staff member
ya, I have mine set to negative offset at 0.1 vcore so it never goes over 1.4 using 1 to 4 cores and goes up to 4.4ghz

All core use I get 3.9 to 4.2 depends on the load at 1.25 to 1.3 max vcore which I am happy with and temps never go over 78c max on the NHd15
only thing I am still a little not happy with is I have to set ram at 1.37 to get my docp to work at 3000mhz.

Another thing is I heard you shouldn't trust ryzen master for voltages it doesn't read correct vcore in fact mine even with the offset says I go as high as 1.5vcore which every other one hwmonitor and cpuz say max 1.4 and both read the same.
Ryzen master is always 1.0-volt above what they read
Ryzen Master reads the VID or a hard set voltage. If you are using offset, then it won't account for that. So if you are using -0.1V offset, Ryzen Master will read 0.1V low. Also be aware if you are using a voltage offset in the bios, and you set a voltage in Ryzen Master, the offset is still applied. So if you are going to use Ryzen Master, just leave bios voltage to auto IMO.

Bb03jnJ.png

gingerbee

yup makes sense, never been a fan of software Overclocking so if I do end up OC it won't been with master it will be in the bios thanks for the feedback lowfat and all the info the more the better

lowfat

Staff member
yup makes sense, never been a fan of software Overclocking so if I do end up OC it won't been with master it will be in the bios thanks for the feedback lowfat and all the info the more the better

The problem is that you can't overclock individual CCXs in any bios currently. So you are going to be limited by your weakest core. It is a 125MHz different for me. I'd be stuck w/ all cores @ 4275MHz. However w/ Ryzen Master I can do 3 cores @ 4.4GHz, 3 @ 4.375GHz, 3 @ 4.325GHz, and 3 @ 4.275GHz. That is an extra 850MHz total increase by using Ryzen Master.

gingerbee

ya I noticed that but didn't think about it till you posted. Thanks if I decide I want to OC I will give it a shot. So far I am happy with just stock performance and ram@xmp speeds.

I was more worried about the voltage jumps to almost 1.5 which they say is normal, but I can get the same speeds with a little bit of an under volt which in turn keeps my temps lower so I am happy with its bang for the buck

gingerbee

So a little update even RM now reads my voltage the way it really is.

My only issue now is what to trust for temps I have used HWinfo, HWmonitor, and RM. The first 2 read almost the same but RM reads a lot lower at idle only at full load does it read the same as the other 2 so not sure what up. The good thing is my temps are fine really just want to know if I can trust RM

I have heard that RM does an average overall of the cores where the others read one die or whatnot, what's everyone's thoughts on these temp software or what do you all use to monitor temps

Also just curious what everyone's PCH temps are like mine seem high at around 57c/58c all the time

Lowfat if you see this I noticed that you CPU (Tdie) reads 53.1 yet ryzen has 44.04 is that just reading from different spots on the chip
I always thought Tdie meant thermal diode?
Just make me wonder where RM gets its thermal info from then?

gingerbee

Ok not sure what's up but it will not past post with ram @3000mhz no matter what I put the dram voltage at even 1.40 but works fine @2800mhz
which is strange cause it works fine on other bios before abba 1005 for my x570 tuf

PLus after some testing, I am seeing only a 20 point difference in cinebench20 with stock ram speed vs 2800mhz so not sure what to run it at now
If anyone knows of a good 32gb ddr4 kit at anything higher then 3000mhz pls post a link thanks all

lowfat

Staff member
So a little update even RM now reads my voltage the way it really is.

My only issue now is what to trust for temps I have used HWinfo, HWmonitor, and RM. The first 2 read almost the same but RM reads a lot lower at idle only at full load does it read the same as the other 2 so not sure what up. The good thing is my temps are fine really just want to know if I can trust RM

I have heard that RM does an average overall of the cores where the others read one die or whatnot, what's everyone's thoughts on these temp software or what do you all use to monitor temps

Also just curious what everyone's PCH temps are like mine seem high at around 57c/58c all the time

Lowfat if you see this I noticed that you CPU (Tdie) reads 53.1 yet ryzen has 44.04 is that just reading from different spots on the chip
I always thought Tdie meant thermal diode?
Just make me wonder where RM gets its thermal info from then?
I think Ryzen Master shows the highest CCD/CCX temperature. As it barely changes from loading up a couple of cores versus all 12 cores for me. Also when I was just testing just now, Ryzen Mater and HWInfo (Tctl/Tdie) showed the exact same temp.

The chipset on my board stays around 61C, which IMO is fine. I'd rather have it running warm, than have that tiny fan ramp up all the time. It can't hear it as is.

gingerbee

ya were they the same temp at load or idle cause mine are the same temps at load just not idle hwinfo is always 5c to 10c higher.
thanks, glad to know those chipset temps are fine

plus thanks for the reply lowfat

Latest posts