What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Lian-Li PC o11 Dynamic- MAXX WC Build

bassnut

Ok …. The goal here is to max out my loop but keep in all in a case that doesn't need a forklift to move. I have been contemplating doing a scratch build and although I know I can bend and weld all the components I need while using some parts from old cases I have here to make things easier I just wasn't sure I could make something that I would find visually pleasing at the same time. I have seen a few builds with the Lian-Li PC 011 Dynamic and it peaked my curiosity but left me wondering if I can fit everything I want into it, I think so and we are about to see as UPS was here yesterday with a box for me though I think that I am finally pushing up on the limits of my wife's current acceptance of my hobby as I have spent a bit more recently (since RYZEN 3000 release) then even I have thought I would. I'm not big on bling though I might add some later, we'll see how that goes and this build will be mostly a case swap as I have been in the Corsair AIR 540 for about 6 years now and it has done me well I have just ran out of room for what I want in my case.

To start …. My first impression the Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic is smaller then I expected and is actually smaller then the AIR 540 is.

The tear down begins I have allot of stuff to figure out where to put. There are 2 things I am not sure bout …… will my GF Card and waterblock fit, if my measurements are right just and fitting all my hard drives that I need fit. Maybe not but I can move them out eternally if I have too and you will probably see and additional NVMe drive added / drives added later for working drives.

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Pic3.JPG
    Pic3.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Pic4.JPG
    Pic4.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 11

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Thanks for posting the size comparison shot. I've been wanting one of these cases for a while, and I used to have an Air 540 so I now know exactly how big it is. Following.....

bassnut

Pictures are not always reliable for gauging room and dementions even with measurements on them as they don't always show the whole picture.

First issue I ra into …… neither of my rad's I have will fit in behind the middle position. My Black Ice GTX is too wide and buts up on the front panel wiring and my what I thought was a UT45 turned out to be a UT60 and was to thick and too tall to fit in the back. Anyone thinking about using either of the Alfacool UT 45 / 60 rad's in the middle back position can forget about it. You have 50 mm room in behind for thickness and about 35 - 36 cm length but more importantly only 10mm room from the back of the Front panel connectors so when choosing a rad this is probably the most important.

Pic5.JPG

Front fit for the rad's you can get 3 360 rad's up front if they are thick you will run into some fitment issues or airflow concerns. Airflow for a GFX card if not water cooled, with my Black Ice GTX which is 57mm thick + 25mm for a fan leaves you only 25mm space between the rad and the GFX card fans. Speaking of GFX cards I am not sure where they take their measurement from stating 159mm I measured my block before ordering and I should have fir ….. NOT …. I was about 3 or 4 mm to wide so my GFX card is back to the stock cooler which fits nicely. I did a mock fitting with my loop ….. I like the 24 rad in the bottom (if I keep it in the loop) it lets me mount my pump res combo where I think it should be, in my opinion...... Let me know what you think. I am debating sending the case back though not sure on that yet.

Pic6.JPG

Pic7.JPG

Pic8.JPG

JD

Staff member
Could you fit a 360 on the bottom instead? Then put the 240 on the side? I think somebody else on here "lifted" the case too so the bottom fans could get some more airflow. You could possibly mount the fans on the bottom of the case entirely?

But yeah, with your amount of rads, I don't think it's really the right case for you. You need something bigger.

bassnut

There is nothing bigger short of going custom or a super tower which I don't want to do again. Without the video water block I can loose the bottom rad I am over radded as it is. I have some thinking to do.

bassnut

I decided to drop the 240 Rad from the bottom it just blocked too much of the motherboard and had the potential to mess with the airflow for my GFX Card. That did allow me to drop in a temporary solution for my hard drives, found an old cage in my box of goodies in the back of the closet and will do for now till I get and external drive box / raid box. Fittings are in and tubing, I think the white makes it stand out a bit.

Pic13.JPG

Pic14.JPG

Wire management was pretty easy though could have used a little more room. On top of the wires there are 3 fans 2 …. 3 TB Spinners 2 SSD, power supply and fan hub in that 50mm of space. Lian-Li took advantage of all the space they could in the back that they could.

Pic 12.JPG

It's off for leak testing …..

All in all not a bad case to build in I got pretty much everything in I needed to except my BD Burner I have an external enclosure coming for that next week. Lian-Li could have done themselves a favour and made the case a bit bigger, another 2" in Hight and 2" - 3" width would have allowed for easier fit of radiators and would have decimated the Corsair AIR 540 as it stands its 50/50 in my opinion for ease of build and functionality though the glass probably puts it ahead for looks allowing you to display your build better. This case really screams to me Hard tube, if you want to spend some time bending tube you can have a nice rig to show off. We'll see how things work once I'm happy with the loop and no leaks how the temps are that will be a good indicator of airflow and how the case works overall. In the end not quite a MAXX WC Build but pretty close.

I will be keeping an eye out for a new GFX Card and block in the future probably one of the new Radeon 5700 or 5700XT that will be narrow enough to fit in this case I am not sure if that is possible but we'll see. I think also when I have time this winter I'll also try my hand at a scratch build case from the ground up. I'll update this thread with some finished pic's once I have the leak testing done and have had a chance to play with my rig a little.

JD

Staff member
made the case a bit bigger, another 2" in Hight and 2" - 3" width
I think the XL model is exactly that... due next month I believe...

Your build definitely makes this case look small in comparison to other builds I've seen in it. Granted, I don't think I've seen any with super thick rads.

bassnut

Leak testing is done and I'll post a finished pic up later but you really have to pay attention to the video card width when I put the side panels on last night even in the stock configuration my MSI GTX 1070 Gaming 8 just barley fit the power plugs were pushing on the glass side panel, it was a tight fit.

I never new or heard of an XL Version …… I'll have to look later. I might have held off on this build. I almost sent it back yesterday but Newegg's return policy was exchange only on it.

Izerous

Folding Team
I moved my guts out of the 800D and into the 011 Dynamic. I had premounted the fans before doing any wiring and realized I had to remove the fan in the bottom to get access to the bottom of the motherboard for the IO panel etc. So I could very easily see a radiator mounted to the bottom being in the way.

One other thing I have found that isn't 011 Dynamic specific but more so a side effect of these cube cases the the PSU behind instead of above or below is that some cables that barely reached in a case like the 800D feel like they are miles to long. I looked at cable mods to see what super short cable would cost but their pricing is quite a bit higher than i would have expected. Around $130 USD before shipping etc just to get the shortest visible cables for my PSU.

Latest posts