What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
My young lad has his closing date tomorrow...

...that little electric chain saw I picked up a few years back sure comes in handy for small jobs like this.

That is a really unfortunate timing but I do know there are clauses right around how possession dates work that have him covered if the house was destroyed even between the final inspection and possession. Check for wet spots in the attic while there is the opportunity leaking roof, leaking basement should all be really obvious.

And I have been looking at a the 20v DeWalt chainsaw for similar reasons. The reduced maintenance of electric over gas for the little amount I'd use it. But about once every other year I definitely have a use for a chain saw. For the time being I have resorted to cutting a band around things with a circular saw then cutting what it missed with a reciprocating saw and an agreeive blade. Not really the best way to do things.

Lysrin

No issues here with Dorian. Kept our power the whole time. Might get some visits today from people who still don't have power back yet ;)

And most importantly: the trampoline has been restored to full operational capability. Very important to my daughter!

We actually spent some time last night with the lights turned off playing board games by lantern light because she was bummed that we didn't lose power... kids... no stress there :)

Shadowmeph

Grr my banks ATM is down wouldn't even work at the pump luckily my other banks card worked for fuel grrr why I prefer cash also I am glad I wasn't going to use interac buying groceries standing in line only to have it not working I will juts have to wait until tomorrow for groceries pull some cash out.

Arinoth

Staff member
No issues here with Dorian. Kept our power the whole time. Might get some visits today from people who still don't have power back yet ;)

And most importantly: the trampoline has been restored to full operational capability. Very important to my daughter!

We actually spent some time last night with the lights turned off playing board games by lantern light because she was bummed that we didn't lose power... kids... no stress there :)

You don't happen to have an above ground pool in your backyard or a husky-mix dog do you...? I never lost power any my neighbour has a trampoline...

Lysrin

You don't happen to have an above ground pool in your backyard or a husky-mix dog do you...? I never lost power any my neighbour has a trampoline...

Above ground pool, yes, husky-mix, no :) My guys is considerable smaller than a husky!

Arinoth

Staff member
Above ground pool, yes, husky-mix, no :) My guys is considerable smaller than a husky!

Ok, so there's a decent chance we aren't actually neighbours on the Dark Side.

On a rant note, power went out at my house 3+ hours ago while they are restoring power to other places, what the hell?

Shadowmeph

so I get called in fo an interview for a job driving school bus I go through the interview all is good I even told them about a criminal charge from way back in 1996 which they said ois of no concern as to the relation with the job and workinmg with students on a bus the only catch was that I had to get my class 2 learners and then they would train me starting OCT2 of this year sao the next day I went for a run ( 20 km) which of course I paid for with a migraine head ache two days afterwords went away then kicked in at 3 am yesterday morning the morning i was going to write my class 2 knowledge test. I get into icbc pretty much no sleep and very distracted with the smells noise . start my test out of the first 15 questions I got 7 wrong( stupid mistakes not fully there ) it was because I was drained both physically and mentally but I knew if I got 1 more wrong ( by the way the ones I got wrong I realized as soon as I touched that stupid screen that didn't seem to want to work ) so I slowed my self down regrouped and got all the rest right passed my test .. huge relief to me I call the company up leave a message with the person to let them know i got my class 2 learners .... two hours later i get a " text message" saying " after checking with head office I am sorry to say that we will not be continuing with the training process" . really I would thgink that at the very least they would have actually called me to say this . I ask why and she texts back that it had to do with the charge from 1996 which is very funny to me because Canada post offered me a job delivering mail and packages and they knew of my charges and the only reason I didnt take that job was because I had to get a vehicle that would be able to hold those packages plus I would have to had to upgrade my insurance to me that wasnt worth it. but come on Canada post would hire me but this first student wouldnt . grrrrr

Izerous

Folding Team
Sunday night just laying in bed watching something on my phone and my whole network goes down. Realize the breaker tripped and tried turning it back on and it trips immediately again. So instead of enjoying one of my rare booked days off doing what I planned I spent a good portion of it trying to figure out what as going on to find out an outlet had slowly shifted over time and the screw head shorted out again the box shorting out the whole circuit.