What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I forgot about that one, a single pass with the higher densities we have now could make a substantial difference compared to RPM depending on the operation.

50% more speed, but 100% less density. Cache probably helps too. Drives come with a lot nowadays. I've moved on from mechanical storage for desktop use. SSD's are too cheap. My NAS is a different story, obviously.

dragoonxx

50% more speed, but 100% less density. Cache probably helps too. Drives come with a lot nowadays. I've moved on from mechanical storage for desktop use. SSD's are too cheap. My NAS is a different story, obviously.
I'm looking forward to moving to SSDs only, but with the amount of steam games i've got installed, i still "need" mechanical (don't want to shell out the price tag for a 2TB SSD...yet)

dragoonxx

LOL. Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!
LOL...i'm still holding off on replacing my current monitor...an archaic 2209WA... i've got one vertical band (about 20ish pixels wide) that's started to display yellow-ish for a good half hour or so after turning on. can't really say i blame it though...i've had it for nearly 10 years now

Latest posts